Quail Sightings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What are you seeing this year so far? I've got two pairs in the yard every morning, and I've seen as many as 5 pairs just on the road I live on. Everywhere I turkey hunted this year, we constantly bumped and heard birds, so hopefully it's a good sign of things to come!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bumped a couple of pairs where the new pond is. Lots of good cover. I planted 50 bare root sand plum bushes in there about a month ago. Every one of them is sprouting new growth. Quail sure like plum thickets.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We've got fantastic numbers in the central part of the state. Went out to fill feeders, work our food plots and check cameras and we bumped a number of coveys. Best we've seen in a long time. Glad to have multiple years of population growth.

BTW we are starting to see some monster nubs on our whitetail bucks. Should be a great whitetail season!

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got fantastic numbers in the central part of the state. Went out to fill feeders, work our food plots and check cameras and we bumped a number of coveys. Best we've seen in a long time. Glad to have multiple years of population growth.

BTW we are starting to see some monster nubs on our whitetail bucks. Should be a great whitetail season!

Love what I'm reading. Hopefully the numbers continue to rise and hold up through the summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom