Quail Sightings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How were the Buffalo gnats?

Rusty asked me the same question with a knowing grin on his face, and you dang well know the answer too. The gnats AND mosquitoes almost hauled me and Annie (my Lab) off. They were BAD!!!

I brought my tractor up in April and mowed all the road, but you sure can't tell it now.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rusty asked me the same question with a knowing grin on his face, and you dang well know the answer too. The gnats AND mosquitoes almost hauled me and Annie (my Lab) off. They were BAD!!!

I brought my tractor up in April and mowed all the road, but you sure can't tell it now.

It's great to have everything green and ponds full or almost full again, river flowing again too.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
My road count was good this morning, this was covey 3 within 3/4 of a mile. Lot's of pairs early, so I didn't mow the roadsides this year, not sure if that helped any or not but it's good to see them again.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20150817_072610_zps4fhhfmev.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few. 30 years ago you could not walk a fence line without jumping a pair. For years, here in Southern Oklhoma, NONE. Coyotes were blamed as were ranchers spraying weeds. Maybe both or neither but glad to see some after such a long time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was brush hogging Monday, and saw a quail acting stupid like they do when there is a nest near by. I left a 1/4 acre around where I think the nest is to come back later. Hopefully this is the second or third nesting they do during the summer.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I can't even think about Deer this year. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas with regards to the start of quail season.

There's a lot this year. Was brush hogging Saturday afternoon and it seemed like every 50 yards was a covey bust or pheasant sneaking off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom