Quail Sightings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've already kicked up more this year than all of last year. good friend of mine says he sees a covey every time he turns a corner. looks like a good year

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20150926_131350.jpg
Here is one of at least 3 hatchings at my house in Guthrie. I have physically seen 3 groups that could only fly at best 10 feet at a time. I didnt think it was possible but this hen may be from the 4th hatch. Found her in a bucket on the front porch. Whoahhh birds in here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 50723
Here is one of at least 3 hatchings at my house in Guthrie. I have physically seen 3 groups that could only fly at best 10 feet at a time. I didnt think it was possible but this hen may be from the 4th hatch. Found her in a bucket on the front porch. Whoahhh birds in here.

I guarantee there has been three hatches.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be accepting Public land Quail hot spot tips from all who feel inclined to share via Private message :wink2:

back in college ,we could walk lexington with no dogs and come home with a few. who knows, maybe they came back?
we've shot a two man limit at black kettle a couple times.
kicked up a covey the first weekend of bow season. the birds were so young, i don't know how they got off the ground with so few feathers. proof of at least a second and maybe third hatch

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a covey of about 20 that come up to the house everyday and at my in-laws property, there are about 3-4 coves with at least 12 or more birds each. Sure does get your heart going when you flush them unexpectedly while deer hunting.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just this afternoon I heard someone say this was the best year for quail in the last 20 years. Has anyone else heard that? I can't attest to it, as I don't exactly live in prime quail territory (the turkeys would probably eat them ;) ).

Latest posts

Top Bottom