Quail Sightings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Three of us went out after the morning deer hunt. Let the dogs work a couple of tree rows and came back with enough for lunch yesterday. Getting ready to put my boots on and do it again. LOTS of birds!

This story does not end well. My buddy's farmhouse is on a blacktop road. I turned my back for a second to grab my gun. My brittany was already on the highway. I buried my hunting partner of 11 years this afternoon. Been a crappy day.

Last edited:

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Three of us went out after the morning deer hunt. Let the dogs work a couple of tree rows and came back with enough for lunch yesterday. Getting ready to put my boots on and do it again. LOTS of birds!

This story does not end well. My buddy's farmhouse is on a blacktop road. I turned my back for a second to grab my gun. My brittany was already on the highway. I buried my hunting partner of 11 years this afternoon. Been a crappy day.

That's terrible news DL, very sorry to hear about the loss of your hunting partner.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh no, that does suck, sorry to hear that man. It is like burying a best friend.

(I saw Sticky post with you quoted and thought, I don't remember reading it that way yesterday afternoon. So I scrolled up and caught the edit note at the bottom and it made sense.) I wish it wasn't true.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dang that's terrible. So sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom