Question about a Universal carbine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Universal .30 carbine and am wondering if M1 .30 carbine GI mags will work in those? Anybody know this ? Thanks in advance!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not an expert on this, but have never heard that they wouldn't. However, all parts are not interchangable. There is a carbine forum which is full of info, but I can't recall it's name. Sorry.

Google "Universal Carbine". Bunch of responses.

Des547

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
USGI and after market 15 and 30 rounds will fit and fire in your Universal 30 carbine, however, there is a caveat here. Real USGI mags are getting hard to find and many of the after market mags are poor quality. I have an Auto-Ordance 30 carbine and ordered two spare mags from Cheaper Than Dirt. One works fine and the other will lift the last round too high to hit the feed ramp and jam it, every time. So.....try to find quality mags, name brand after market or real USGI. Enjoy your carbine, they are fine shooting little guns.

Des

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The universal carbine that I had was picky as hell about magazines.
Some worked well but the magazines I bought from CTD wouldn't even lock in place sometimes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom