.30 cal carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone has read or seen any of my ads in the classified section will see that I was asked to sell several guns of a deceased man whos wife works with mine. I have sold a few to members here and I have a couple more to sell, I'm going to refresh the ads this weekend when I have more time to discuss them with folks. I have this .30 carbine I think I am going to buy from her but I am not sure on what a 'fair price' would be. I haven't shot it but it seems functionally sound, I think it's in pretty good shape. I was thinking on 300 dollars being fair, not a great deal but also not ripping her off. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0423.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0423.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 5
  • thumbnail_IMG_0424.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0424.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_0425.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0425.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_0427.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0427.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 0

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am no expert by the slightest but i do have one like yours in the pic. it is an interesting part of the history of the 30 carbine and that one looks pretty decent. if i was shopping for a commercial carbine it would probably be a fulton armory,but the price difference is quite a bit. check the bolt on that one for being soft? and the hammer relationship to the rear of the bolt is important to be sure it is safe from out of battery firing. also check the slide for cracks.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a difference between selling today quick for low price and totin' it to shows for years and trying for top dollar. Your cost to sell will quickly over-ride the value. There's a difference between asking and actual selling prices. might check gunbrokers advanced search for "universal carbine" actual COMPLETED sales not just the crazy ASKING prices

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a difference between asking and actual selling prices. might check gunbrokers advanced search for "universal carbine" actual COMPLETED sales not just the crazy ASKING prices

Quoted for truth. It's amazing how difficult it is to get some folks to comprehend this.

Just because there is one on line "listed for $X,XXX" if it has no bids and has been there forever that does not mean yours is worth that.

You'll have to determine what price actually gets them sold before you'll know what is fair. It also depends on how charitable you're feeling. You'll do the right thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom