Question for police or lawyers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If people would just slow down in residential neighborhoods there probably wouldn't be any need to draw attention to the problem by placing objects in the streets.

This is truth right here. ^^^^^ The jackholes that complain about these signs are the same ones who usually are speeding through the neighborhood and are the reason the residence put them out in the first place. IMO, there is no reasonable explanation for two cars to get into an accident because of this sign if the two drivers are halfway competent and are driving the speed limit and are using a modicum of good sense.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is an old lady that almost got hit by another car today trying to avoid this thing in the road.She drives a Mercedes S 560 and I am quite sure if she were to have had a wreck because of that sign, the great grandchildren of the people that put this sign in the road would have lost their college funds.
How fast are people driving that it's hard to avoid that? If you are driving faster than 10-15 in a residential area, you're going to fast .

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, my point isn't that the insurance would pay a claim. My point is the carrier would defend the claims against them.

It'd be very, VERY unlikely that the homeowner's insurance would accept liability for a bright green turtle (?) holding an orange flag being the proximate cause of a multi-vehicle collision where one car has a duty to yield to another. It'd be even less likely to pay out as liable for a single vehicle incident.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is truth right here. ^^^^^ The jackholes that complain about these signs are the same ones who usually are speeding through the neighborhood and are the reason the residence put them out in the first place. IMO, there is no reasonable explanation for two cars to get into an accident because of this sign if the two drivers are halfway competent and are driving the speed limit and are using a modicum of good sense.
I drive at a safe speed in the neighborhood and always have.I lost a friend years ago that was a pedestrian hit by a car.The cops wife and the doctor are the fastest drivers in the neighborhood by far, so they would be the jackholes speeding through the neighborhood, not me, and yes I am complaining about the sign because when people turn the corner even at 10 or 15 m.p.h. if you are in their lane trying to avoid this sign there will be a wreck.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive at a safe speed in the neighborhood and always have.I lost a friend years ago that was a pedestrian hit by a car.The cops wife and the doctor are the fastest drivers in the neighborhood by far, so they would be the jackholes speeding through the neighborhood, not me, and yes I am complaining about the sign because when people turn the corner even at 10 or 15 m.p.h. if you are in their lane trying to avoid this sign there will be a wreck.

If someone can't avoid that sign they probably couldn't avoid a moving kid in the road either.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People can avoid the sign,but by doing so they are driving head on into oncoming traffic if someone is turning at the corner from the east or west.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If people would just slow down in residential neighborhoods there probably wouldn't be any need to draw attention to the problem by placing objects in the streets.
That street does look like the kind of curvy neighborhood where the teenagers show-up and play Grande Pricks.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at picture I took.If you are driving around the sign you are halfway in the other persons lane.The old lady I mentioned in the Mercedes and half of the people in this neighborhood are 80 years old and they don't have the fastest reactions.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at picture I took.If you are driving around the sign you are halfway in the other persons lane.The old lady I mentioned in the Mercedes and half of the people in this neighborhood are 80 years old and they don't have the fastest reactions.
Don't bother trying to explain it to them. Just call the pd it is illegal to place homemade traffic control devices on public road ways

Latest posts

Top Bottom