Question for Red Castle members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smax

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have. It still didn't change the fact that I made the trip all the way out there just to turn around and come home. Just want anyone thinking about joing to know that there really is no support for them if something goes wrong.

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bottom line at Red castle you can go shoot there about 360 days a year for 1 low fee which after the first years initiation fee is about 3 or 4 months of USSA's fees. I don't consider the cost difference in gas and its an enjoyable ride in the country.
from the IDL downtown Tulsa to Red Castle its 20 miles if you know the shortcut and 8 miles to Ussa so we're not talking much gas difference.
What is this shortcut you speak of?

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
rcgc.jpg

So is this the shortcut?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Yeah, that's about the shortest route if you're coming from the IDL

That may be the shortest route but it can be a real PITA going through town and up that windy road especially if you get behind a grandma or a truck towing a load of cattle carcasses headed for a rendering plant...as you can tell I do speak from experience.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may be the shortest route but it can be a real PITA going through town and up that windy road especially if you get behind a grandma or a truck towing a load of cattle carcasses headed for a rendering plant...as you can tell I do speak from experience.

LOL, I can't argue with that.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last question (for tonight at least). Lets just say I send in my application and money this week. When I do that everything goes as planned how long until I would get accepted and how long until I could do the orientation and begin shooting? (outdoor range)

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last question (for tonight at least). Lets just say I send in my application and money this week. When I do that everything goes as planned how long until I would get accepted and how long until I could do the orientation and begin shooting? (outdoor range)

Board of directors meeting is the first thursday night of each month. Orientation is 9 days later on saturday.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on where your coming from. Say from 169 and admiral you take the airport highway (Gilcrease expressway) all the way til it ends at 41st west avenue, turn right take that road north about 4 -5 miles to rock school road. Left on rock school(76th north) heading west 7 miles to entrance.

From the IDL take the Tisdale expressway north to Gilcrease expressway, turn left. Follow the rest of above directions.
I live at 15th and lewis and it shaves 15 minutes off going thru sand springs.
just have to watch out for Osage sheriff and tribal police speed traps.
but then you have to do that on 97 too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom