Quick Draw video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's up with the sideways hold while giving that last visual sweep? Is that a lefty thing or is it just easier to do before holstering in either hand?

It is a modification of "position sul", which is a way of keeping the muzzle in a safe direction while remaining ready during a scan, move, etc. In this video, Paul is actually not doing it "correctly", as the muzzle should actually point to the ground (sul=south), and the feet should move during the scan to keep it from pointing at the feet. However, he is keeping the muzzle in a safe direction (downrange), and the positioning of the hands helps keep him conscious of what the muzzle is doing.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
EZbake et al.,

My take on the scan position: While I certainly dont want to sweep my muzzle all around while performing my scans, I will do a somewhat similar arm position but not because of muzzle control. Guns out; Im looking for work, Ill do my discipline with my finger, not my muzzle..

My main reason is that I dont want to lead with the gun when rotating counterclockwise (Im a lefty) towards the rear. I consider it a guard position of sorts. when checking my "6" towards my gun side I get a firm grasp on the gun with both hands tucked in close to my body. This allows my to guard the gun, keep it as far away from the last little slice of real estate thats not cleared. This position can allow me to transfer the gun to my weak hand if necessary to shoot around the dominant side towards a threat.

also, Did Pauls soul patch get bigger or is a muskrat humping his chin while hes shooting?:rotflmao:

I kid, I kid!

Good shooting, btw!

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took this class July 10. These guys are great instructors, especially with the ladies. Tons and tons of patience, and very non-judgemental. Everyone in the class greatly improved their skills and accuracy. IMO, every CCW holder needs to take some kind of shooting skills class besides the basic safety class.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! We enjoy the class just as much (if not more) than ya'll!

BTW, I'll have you know those guns you were shooting made me break the Tenth Commandment (Thou shalt not covet)! ;}>

Cobra Steve

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took this class back in June and I agree it was a great class with great instructors. I personally feel much more comfortable with my gun now and went from a 5+ second draw time to a 1.7 second draw time by the end of the class.

Latest posts

Top Bottom