RACIST Slurs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they would legalize marijuana, it would solve they gay marriage argument. The bible says that a man shall not lay with another man lest he be stoned. See there...problem solved.

PS: this is a joke that someone told me when Colorado voted to legalize both pot and gay marriage and does not necessarily reflect my point of view --- which I will keep to myself.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB, since I'm a Christian with some in my family that don't believe, a black Daughter in law and a gay cousin and love both of them very much I appreciate your thread and what you are saying, but this thread is now giving me heart burns and I just can't take it any longer. Seems like a good thread to lock. Thanks again JB.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB, since I'm a Christian with some in my family that don't believe, a black Daughter in law and a gay cousin and love both of them very much I appreciate your thread and what you are saying, but this thread is now giving me heart burns and I just can't take it any longer. Seems like a good thread to lock. Thanks again JB.

I dont think it should be locked. If it gives you heart burns dont read it.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Agree with Viking! Really making me think that having a common interest in guns is not enough to keep me hanging out on this board.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Agree with Viking! Really making me think that having a common interest in guns is not enough to keep me hanging out on this board.

Worth a 2nd post
assets0.ordienetworks.com_images_user_photos_1233357_1ecc6bddcd49f131cbaa40ff141160cf0dea9673d.jpg

jonah7

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, you've got a real sex hangup. But that aside, i don't think the people who are pointing out you're wrong are missing any point of lacking any common sense. As you've stated, you believe in a religious definition of marriage, which is just a different definition than a lot of other people here are using. Many have stated they are fine with leaving 'marriage' to the church and the civil contract to the state.

I think the point that I, and several others, have pointed out is that 'family' doesn't always equate to sexual reproduction. Two men, two women, a man a woman etc can all provide children with loving and caring homes. Just because someone can't have a biological child doesn't disqualify them from being a family (or family unit, as you put it). The strength of the family has a lot more to do with love than it does with the possibilities of biological reproduction. Two people can be 'married,' biologically fertile and still form an awful 'family' for a child.

While same sex couples do need outside help, why does it matter if that help is IVF, sperm donors or just outright adoption of a child like other heterosexual couples?

Intentionally depriving a child of either a mother or a father, just to satisfy the sexual urges of adults, is wrong.

jonah7

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
so the king of England wasn't the head of the English church?

This isn't the place for a history lesson. But to put it simply, the colonies were founded primarily by Christians fleeing the persecution of the Church of England. The American Revolution was more about political issues, but acknowledged that the King had failed in his duty to protect the God-given rights of the colonists.

So no, the founders of this country were not trying to "escape religion".

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This isn't the place for a history lesson. But to put it simply, the colonies were founded primarily by Christians fleeing the persecution of the Church of England. The American Revolution was more about political issues, but acknowledged that the King had failed in his duty to protect the God-given rights of the colonists.

So no, the founders of this country were not trying to "escape religion".

I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom