Random pics & chatter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any but the possibility is always there.

Imagine a large outfit that has hundreds of hives and has a case of American foulbrood and the entire yard quarantined. That could get in the pocket book quick. Especially if they were selling nucs or package bees.
As I understand it you have to burn your wooden ware also. If anyone is making money beekeeping it's because they sell bees.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ill assume that the price of bees just went up ? I'll also assume that there's going to be a domino effect . I'll 🤣 guess the evening snack of almonds is going to get costly.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breakfast, maple breakfast, garlic and onion, mild Italian, smoked jalapeno and plain ground. Down by 3 and still 2 to go. My paycheck is gonna like the feed reduction and my tastebuds sure do like the maple breakfast.

Attachments

• 20230115_115602.jpg
    20230115_115602.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seed potatoes are at shawnee feed 90 cents per lb this year. I don't recall what they were last year other than not 90 cents. Onion starts will be about another month. They do have a vet discount. 50 lb bags will save you 12 cents per lb on the taters. But all 1 type.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seed potatoes are at shawnee feed 90 cents per lb this year. I don't recall what they were last year other than not 90 cents. Onion starts will be about another month. They do have a vet discount. 50 lb bags will save you 12 cents per lb on the taters. But all 1 type.
What varieties do well here?

Kicking myself for not digging my ozettes before I left, no rotate ton needed so you get like a permanent potato patch. Ozette potato - Wikipedia

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What varieties do well here?

Kicking myself for not digging my ozettes before I left, no rotate ton needed so you get like a permanent potato patch. Ozette potato - Wikipedia
As a beginner I'll have to let @2busy answer that. I picked up, red Pontiac, Yukon gold, Kennebec and the 4th slips my mind. According to the Mrs I didn't get enough so I'll nab more Friday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom