RCBS Trim Pro Manual Case Trimmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and it works well for moderate levels of processing, especially if you use the 3-way cutter for chamfer and deburring at the time of trimming. If you want high volume / speed, I've read there are better options.

I started with the manual trimmer but later added the power option which made the process much less of an effort.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that's a chunk of change to add a small motor to the trimmer. Does the power drill adapter work?

I don't have any experience or knowledge regarding the power drill attachment. And your right, the $200 addition for the motor was not an easy decision. However, every time I process 4 or 5 hundred cases I appreciate the power option.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for power drill use, I use the Lee case length guage/trimmer setup. I have the RCBS casetrim Pro powered setup and for large quantities of trimming, it works well. I do have the cutters with chamfer option. I also have the Forster and Lyman manual trimmers. They work OK for small lots. If I go to anything else, it will be the Dillon power trimmer. Blitzfike

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are considering using motorized brass trimmers, you will do yourself a huge favor by looking at Giraud trimmers. Yes the price is high. However, you will have a one stop trimming, chamferring, and deburring machine in one. It is made extremely well and trims brass to length very consistently. Plus you can crank out brass very fast.

I use lock rings to setup the bullet holders and buy a new trimmer for each caliber. That way I can switch between calibers very easily and maintain the same settings between switches.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Lyman manual trimmer for small batches and switch to the drill option for large batches. Works well for me and keeps me covered in case I want to reload and the power is out. I believe the RCBS would be just as good.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used the power drill adapter for 308. To me it did speed things up and definately saves your hands, but the ability to trim chamfer and deburr atthe same time would definately be nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom