RE: Concealment Challenge January 29 at Heartland Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another point to consider although this is the proverbial dead horse. Squads less than 8-9 shooters just plain stink. One RO, one scoring, one shooting, one or two reloading mags, gets old resetting the stage

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another point to consider although this is the proverbial dead horse. Squads less than 8-9 shooters just plain stink. One RO, one scoring, one shooting, one or two reloading mags, gets old resetting the stage

As anyone with more than 4 hours "experience" would know. Just sayin'......

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dead horse kick - since you have only 8-9 shooters, you are either shooting, scoring, reloading or ... well, resetting the stage. Can't imagine getting it very old doing it just 4 times since you can't do it all at once.

I didn't make suggestions before I shot the match and it wasn't my first match or competition ... this time you had 15 people that didn't know any better - don't be surprised when people turn around as they see a small crowd next time. If you want to feed on first time shooters keep on keeping on, if you want to give it a semi-professional appearance - put it on a schedule.

I guess also you can have enough hardcore guys that would wait no matter what, there is that. Than I apologize, you are simply right and this particular waiting sport isn't for me ... oops, I meant to say shooting sport.

Oh, yeah, keep calling me the "guy with 4 hours experience"; if you call standing around for 59 minutes and shooting for 1 minute "1 hour" of experience - well, sorry, you have really poor perception of what "experience" is.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't make suggestions before I shot the match

No, you waited until you had 4 hours experience before posting your complaints on a public forum. :rolleyes:

and it wasn't my first match or competition ...

You said it was your first action pistol match.

I guess also you can have enough hardcore guys that would wait no matter what, there is that. Than (SP) I apologize, you are simply right and this particular waiting sport isn't for me ... oops, I meant to say shooting sport.

Doesn't sound like it is.

well, sorry, you have really poor perception of what "experience" is.

If you think that 4 hours spent at a match is enough "experience" to determine what a better way to do everything is, well, sorry, you have a really poor perception of what "experience" is.

It's become obvious that you have ignored previous posts addressing the specific issues you raise, or you don't understand them, so it's pointless to address them further. I think we can agree, as above, that this "waiting sport" isn't for you.

Best of luck to you in your future pursuits.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think that 4 hours spent at a match is enough "experience" to determine what a better way to do everything is, well, sorry, you have a really poor perception of what "experience" is.
Here is where you are wrong .... I've spent many hundreds of hours at matches in just last few years, and no waiting here - hundreds of hours looking through the sights, pulling the trigger.

I don't know why everyone is trying to put me "in my place" - I've been to many many state and national competitions - so I know what a well organized competition looks like. (I hate to brag, but I do hold national and state titles).

You don't have to listen to my suggestions, an benjamin-benjamin was very clear in his explanation - but I will not ignore posts that start with my discredit, as almost every post on page 2 does.

I've owned business for 10 years - and when another business owner comes to me with suggestions, I don't call him "newb" and tell how long I've been doing this or that; no sir, I'm all ears.

If you think sign-up/pre-registration doesn't work - you are wrong.
If you think it's impossible to run a timed competition in tiers/legs - you are wrong.
All MBABR matches are preregistered one or two months ahead - they take just as long 4-5 hours to shoot 5-6 strings, except instead of everybody taking turns - it's broken into tiers; so that individual shooters are done within 2 hours. Sometimes I show up in a wrong tier to see if someone didn't show, sometimes I shoot that tier sometimes I just wait for the next tier (but that's my call) - IT WORKS

All of your arguments are not against WHAT is said, but WHO said it; you are so concerned with "how dare you" that everything afterwards is disregarded. Of course it lends a nice high horse to tell me about disrespect etc.

There is also I few mentions of how this should not have been brought up publicly - and I'll be first to admit that I have poor manners and tact, especially on internet - I call like I see it. Please someone explain to me why I should keep my and 50 other people's 4-hour wait experience private?

Mark my words though - if attendance continues, you'll have to break it up into tiers or send people home, it's just matter of time.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
50 shooters on a 5th Sunday non-regular scheduled match = Awesome!! New Shooters = Awesome! Waiting around = Gift Certificate for me = Awsome!

In my waiting time I talk to and watch shooters that are way better than me and hopefully learn. My ability and confidence with my weapon have greatly improved due to matches like this one.

You know what I hate waiting for....... the next match!

Latest posts

Top Bottom