Re: Starbucks or "Slapping an Ally in the Face"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I didn't read the 7 pages of what looked to be back and forth over what the OP insinuated about people who OC, but I don't understand what the big deal is about Starbucks. From what I've read, they have the same policy as Wal-Mart, but why are they a center of attention in this debate? Is it because the anti-gun/anti-OC people think it's their place and anybody open carrying is trespassing on their ground or something?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I didn't read the 7 pages of what looked to be back and forth over what the OP insinuated about people who OC, but I don't understand what the big deal is about Starbucks. From what I've read, they have the same policy as Wal-Mart, but why are they a center of attention in this debate? Is it because the anti-gun/anti-OC people think it's their place and anybody open carrying is trespassing on their ground or something?

Anti-OC people aren't anti-gun. Just anti-stupidity. That's what the whole flap is about. Just because it's legal doesn't mean someone needs to do it when it isn't necessary. Open Carry as practiced by most of the people that are doing it is about nothing more then inflating their deflated and damaged ego's.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

An interesting and thoughtful summary of the events thus far.
Now, go read the assignment while putting aside the obvious bias, and tell us if your opinion is altered.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just because it's legal doesn't mean someone needs to do it when it isn't necessary.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean anyone needs to own a semiautomatic rifle when it isn't necessary.

FWIW I carry mostly concealed (OWB/untucked shirt)
I do like the whole "you're expressing your rights/privileges incorrectly" argument lol

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
who made that argument?

That's what this whole thread has been about, If you carry a certain way you're "retarded"
If you open carry for reasons that I don't approve of, you're in the wrong.
If you carry this way, something bad may happen
No one needs to open carry, hell no one but law enforcement needs a firearm but a double barreled shotgun.

Edit: wording

Latest posts

Top Bottom