Re: Starbucks or "Slapping an Ally in the Face"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes, and how bout 3 off the top of my head?

*cough*

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=14689798&catId=112032

http://hillsandheights.org/2013/06/07/teen-pleads-guilty-in-two-murders/

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...his-own-gun-dies-196245331.html?m=y&smobile=y

If you're OCing to scare away the bad men, you're gun is a talisman. Odds are you'll be ok, but you might not. See Michael Browns thread 'Is your gun a weapon or a talisman'.

Without picking a side, cause I'm just enjoying the brawl, there's a 4th example off the top of my head.

The security guard/police officer in Boston was executed specifically because they wanted to steal his gun. They didn't get it because he was using a security holster, and they weren't smart enough to get it out.

When I was in LE I also used a security holster because I didn't want mine taken away and used on me.

If I was to open carry, I'd carry in a security holster or I wouldn't carry.

Your preference might be different.

To each his own I guess.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well hell man. Of course it is and that's the whole point. The OC'rs rarely do something as silly as call a ccw'r a retard but the OP is the 3rd or 4th OSA'r to do it since the law went in to effect. The CCW'rs attack us and we respond back with logical reasons why we OC and do our best to rebut the CCW'rs reasons for not. Usually it all works out. This time the OP went too far and you just got caught in the cross fire JB.

As for "snarky". Come on buddy; you were the guy with the sig talking about happily flinging poo. You can take it.

My little pink panties are in a wad!!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would hope that were I to do something foolish that I would be counseled on the error of my ways and why it's a bad idea. If you keep taking offense to my description of people, a lot of whom seem to be infatuated with OC, who like to carry in such a manner that "I'm going to rub your nose in my rights" as being retards then perhaps you need to reevaluate some things.

Ek :hypnotize:

Absolutely... way to go. If someone doesn't like it when you categorize a large group of people carrying responsibly in a manner other than the way YOU choose to do so as "retards", then that is obviously their problem.... not yours.

You keep giving us more and more information into how you think. Thanks.

Too bad you don't apply the same critical eye to your own attitude and posting habits. :D

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it; even after repeated explanations as to what the op has posted, do some members continue to bleat on about how offended they are?

I speculated earlier about the masochistic desire to feel slighted in some way, and was shown the error of my thinking by another member. I had put too much emphasis on the wrong syllable as it were, and i appreciated the learning.

Why is it, pointing out that being "in your face" about issues important to us may be detrimental to our cause?

Is it really that hard to understand that if your going to act like an ass, especially when the goal is to form a solidarity, is probably counter productive.

Some of our members have taken a particular dislike to calling those people who are as quoted above, retards. They continue to do this, despite a plain explanation of how and why these "retards", are a problem.
I have to conclude that the members who are so upset at this are the types to be " in your face"; to the detriment of the cause, and see no problem with doing so. their problem is some body calling them out on it without reservation. It probably doesn't help that the op is decidedly impolitic himself, which must seem like some kind of betrayal by a kindred soul.
I appreciate the input so far in this thread, and I hope the discussion continues. It is obvious we want the same thing, but have different opinions as to the methods required to accomplish our goal.

For myself, deciding how to carry any weapon is based on my interpretation of the possible threat, not based on a political statement. When carrying a pistol/knife the majority of the time i carry concealed. If I am in a vehicle I go unconcealed so there is less of a hassle deploying a weapon, and the chance of my weapon being seen is slim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom