Re: Starbucks or "Slapping an Ally in the Face"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crime per 100,000 people(FBI 2011)

Homicide: 4.7
Robbery: 113.7
Aggravated assault: 241.1

So we should hide our guns from criminals(and the sheep) because there is a .0047% chance that the criminal you are faced with MIGHT murder you instead of moving on to an easier target............? The percentage is probably even way smaller than that if you can conclude that most of those murders were not committed during the commission of a robbery. Robbers use threat of violence instead of violence itself. They just want an easy payday, and robbery or armed robbery are acceptable punishments, but most "robbers" would not want to take a murder rap along with those other charges. Granted some don't care, but again that is a very, VERY small percentage.

It seems this is a great example of not getting the point, coupled with a masochistic desire to feel slighted in some way.

EK's point was political. About how some of our "in your face" actions serve to harm our cause by alienating people instead of
Making allies. Nothing more.

It was not a slight to any one here unless you fall into that group mentioned above. Specifically within the quotation marks.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we should hide our guns from criminals(and the sheep) because there is a .0047% chance that the criminal you are faced with MIGHT murder you instead of moving on to an easier target............?

That's your choice to make. I've made mine.

The point of this whole thread is to be smart in your choices and don't be counter-productive in your actions. In my book causing so much grief for a business entity that's trying to remain impartial and observe the law that they MUST take a stand benefits nobody but the anti-s. I can all but guarantee what that choice would be if it's brought to a head.

Ek

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"You are frightening the yuppies!!!"

LOL

Don't think for a second that starbucks won't roll over and join the anti's if their sales go down because all the bleeding heart yuppies quit going to their stores or write a few letters.

Then they can open OBAMABUCKS everywhere. : )

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's your choice to make. I've made mine.

The point of this whole thread is to be smart in your choices and don't be counter-productive in your actions. In my book causing so much grief for a business entity that's trying to remain impartial and observe the law that they MUST take a stand benefits nobody but the anti-s. I can all but guarantee what that choice would be if it's brought to a head.

Ek

There's truth in there.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so to your point, these officers are more likely to be targeted by predators BC they open carry?

can you provide an example of when it failed?

Sometimes, and how bout 3 off the top of my head?

*cough*

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=14689798&catId=112032

http://hillsandheights.org/2013/06/07/teen-pleads-guilty-in-two-murders/

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...his-own-gun-dies-196245331.html?m=y&smobile=y

If you're OCing to scare away the bad men, you're gun is a talisman. Odds are you'll be ok, but you might not. See Michael Browns thread 'Is your gun a weapon or a talisman'.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the research - look up predator psychology and behavior. Get back to me when you do.

Why are you open carry advocates so snarky? Seriously. Isn't it my right to carry my weapon in a manner most comfortable to me? You guys bleat on about rights and "natural rights" all time. Isn't it someone's natural right to carry like they want? If you wish to open carry, by all means do so. Carry a whole brace of pistols like Josey Wales. God bless, and wear them in good health.

As for "go do the research"...if it ain't putting money in my pocket, I'm not interested.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sometimes, and how bout 3 off the top of my head?

*cough*

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=14689798&catId=112032

http://hillsandheights.org/2013/06/07/teen-pleads-guilty-in-two-murders/

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...his-own-gun-dies-196245331.html?m=y&smobile=y

If you're OCing to scare away the bad men, you're gun is a talisman. Odds are you'll be ok, but you might not. See Michael Browns thread 'Is your gun a weapon or a talisman'.

well the first one you posted makes no mention of a open carry or him even being in possession of a firearm at the time

the second actually does illustrate your point

the third WAS the criminal

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some people sure are uptight around here. I did read the first paragraph or two, got tired of the same ole, same ole. These open carry carry people act like Starbucks is handing out ammo with their coffee. They need to stop acting like their an ally, and the kid behind the counter probably couldn't care less about how they feel about Starbucks allowing you to open carry based on a corporate business decision. If they want to support them, then they should support them by buying an overpriced coffee and not make a spectacle of themselves forming an open carry parade which may end up putting pressure on Starbucks to reverse their decision and these same people will be out picketing in front of their stores while open carrying with their pistols and 8 clips on their belts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom