Real ID question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Transportation Worker Identity Card....TWIC. takes the place of real ID, passport within US and is an automatic TSA pre pass. Some TSA Agents don't like to take it, but they have to.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just as an FYI, your SDA card (self defense act ccw) will work as a second form of ID, for getting your real ID. I used my birth certificate and my SDA card to do it a few months ago.
This ^^^. I used my birth certificate and SDA card also. I couldn’t find, and haven’t seen, my SS card in years.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This ^^^. I used my birth certificate and SDA card also. I couldn’t find, and haven’t seen, my SS card in years.
It was going to take damn near an act of congress, to get a replacement SS card. Since they all refused to come back into the office, you had to mail them your drivers license, which they would then mail back to you when they were done with it. This would leave you without a license for weeks. Much easier just to use my SDA card.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was going to take damn near an act of congress, to get a replacement SS card. Since they all refused to come back into the office, you had to mail them your drivers license, which they would then mail back to you when they were done with it. This would leave you without a license for weeks. Much easier just to use my SDA card.
Yes - I ran into the same situation! I found that in some states you can get a replacement SS card online. For some reason that was not an option for Oklahoma residents.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This leads to a recommendation. Get your SS card and birth certificate handled. It was quite the hassle to get my wife’s from NM. Oddly enough, she couldn’t do it. I had to prove I was her husband via marriage license and pay with credit card so they know they got the payment.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My humble opinion on the "banter" about looking it up online: More interesting to get other's opinions and experiences. Got the real ID since I was forced to, however looks like there are benefits to it, at least for now. Online research does not yield personal experiences unless people post to sites like this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom