Real ID question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should take it, after all it requires a background check from DHS and FBI and a set of prints, more that a Passport, and far more than real ID

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is from https://oklahoma.gov/service/popular-services/real-id-checklist.html Others have linked to what you need to get one.

REAL IDs are Optional​

If you do not think you have a need to fly, enter a federal building, or visit a military installation or nuclear site, you do not need a REAL ID.
However, if you suddenly need to fly on or after May 7, 2025 and you do not have a valid U.S. passport, military ID, or another federally approved identification, you will need a REAL ID in order to board a commercial domestic flight.
Regardless of whether you have a REAL ID or not, you must still have an unexpired U.S. Passport to travel internationally.

You do not need a REAL ID driver license or identification card to do any of the following:
  • Drive
  • Vote
  • Apply for or receive federal benefits to which you are entitled (Veterans Affairs, Social Security Administration, etc.)
  • Enter a federal facility that does not require an ID (i.e. a post office)
  • Access a hospital or receive life-saving services
  • Participate in law enforcement proceedings or investigations (serve on a federal jury, testify in federal court, etc.)
And, again what benefit is it to ME to have REAL ID versus what benefit is it to Government for me to have REAL ID? There is a reason why they decided to do this. It's not security......noting the /southern Border situation. So, what is the Paul Harvey...."And, now you know The Rest of the Story".... Haven't flown commercial 20+ years, having lost the thrill of TSA molestation, I only fly private when I need to get there fast....otherwise, I do road trips. How is REAL ID different from having a US passport renewed??? Does anyone really understand this REAL ID????

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stlpro2a said; having lost the thrill of TSA molestation

HAHA. Last time i flew out of Miami in swim shorts, t-shirt and flip flops, the TSA guys says sarcastically, "do you need a private screening?"
I replied, "whatever gets you off".
He replied, "you're free to go"

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And, again what benefit is it to ME to have REAL ID versus what benefit is it to Government for me to have REAL ID? There is a reason why they decided to do this. It's not security......noting the /southern Border situation. So, what is the Paul Harvey...."And, now you know The Rest of the Story".... Haven't flown commercial 20+ years, having lost the thrill of TSA molestation, I only fly private when I need to get there fast....otherwise, I do road trips. How is REAL ID different from having a US passport renewed??? Does anyone really understand this REAL ID????
I joke about Real ID. In reality there is so much information out there on a variety of electronic sources like phone records, voter records, drivers license, registration data and social media data a government ID doesn't matter at this point. The Real ID is an inconvenience for many such as Birth Certificate and other collaborating documents must be presented at special locations, that's it. Anonymity in America as a citizen is next to impossible. Identity theft has been made easier in some aspects too. Electronic records, super computers, social media are the actual "Mark of the Beast." At this point we are merely adding more tattoos or in that case "marks" to our bodies. Out of convenience to store all this in one place we may chose to get a chip implanted.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's something government KARENS are pushing, it's not in my best interest, I suspect.....
"I'm a government Karen, and I'm here to control you."

Maybe, kinda like the proverbial Mark of the Beast......
I had to have for my job and I didn't wake up the next morning with 666 tattooed on forehead.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My DL is coming up for renewal in a few months. Is the REAL ID a requirement now or can I just renew my regular DL?
If its required, do I just need my birth cert and proof of my residence like a utility bill, or is there more that I need to show?
As others have likely stated, might as well get the Real ID when you get your DL. From what I understand, if you plan to fly domestically or visit a federal facility you will need a Real ID after May 7, 2025. A passport is an “acceptable alternative”.

For more info, go to Oklahoma Department of Public Safety. They will direct you to Service Oklahoma and they have a Real ID check list where they will share that you will need a birth certificate or passport, two forms of ID like a DL, your OK Handgun License, Voter Registration Card, utility bill, W2 or 1099.

Latest posts

Top Bottom