rebuilt the dirtbike...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a few months back the ole girl decided to quit mid-trail ride so i decided to tear her down...

sent the cylinder-up + carb to a guy in Washington State who worked his magic and sent it back in record time, magically turning it into a 525 w/ KBwhite valves and a modified carb.

In the meantime, i tore everything off the frame, swingarm, etc and let a buddy do some powder coating (amateur stuff but decent). I now wish i had done more parts, but i thought i was going to start building it sooner, so i only took him a handfull...

heres some before and after pics.

BEFORE pictures:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

AFTER:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

MOTOR

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

SWINGARM

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

OTHER

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

AND, the coolest part... a 1" bar riser, that is an integral mount for my Scotts Damper... all hand-milled out with my home mill and one at work. Everything by spinnin the big and little wheels and watching the numbers. No CNC (obviously - if i had CNC the outside corners would be radius'ed)

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

All together now.... Runs (garage tested only because of the snow on the ground) and sounds good.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice!! i been ridin my drz alot lately. i like the dualsport, especially for the magic button. fells like i'm not suppose to be on the road and alot a people point and say dumbe junk till they see the tag. again, the bike looks nice

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You did a great job! I'm in the process of doing the same with my 85 250SX three wheeler. Just got the tank and wheels powdercoated, but thinking the frame need it too like you did.
Kind of makes one not want to go out and get it reall muddy, but, hey! thats what they are made for.
Congrats on a such a good job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom