Recommendation on building private use gun range needed, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few realtors helping me to buy property all the times. So, it is easier. But, buying farm land is a little different. Especially to be used for shooting range. May be planting some fruit trees too.
I know one guy is but I can't remember his name or what area he lives in....Only I think he has a Cartman avatar. Anyways, my wife is a realtor in the Tulsa area and I wouldn't rely on your realtor to check whether or not you can use your property for a private gun range. Cool that you are serious enough about it to be hiring a buyers agent though. I wish I was to that point.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the county your in.

I have my own shooting range at the house. When you get outside of the city, there are basically no rules. I used to limit my shooting because the nearest neighbor is 300 yds away, and my house and range is between her and my berm, as a courtesy.

When she called the sheriff on me, for making too much noise, I told him to GTFO my property, and now I make sure I do all of my shooting when she is home. Called a couple of buddies, and we shot 200 rounds of clays on the property line right after that. Had she called, and requested something like not shooting when she was home or something, I would have been more than happy to comply.

If you want to have a range with competitions you will have to establish an LLC and get with the NRA to get some insurance information.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Build it out here in the flat land. I will help build it, help with cost. I would love to have a 3 sided canyon to practice short distance scenarios in. I would also have access to a 600 yard range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom