Red dot for Springfield Armory XD-S Mod 2 OSP 45 Acp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This pistol fell into my hands and would like to put a red dot on it that will co-witness with sights. I've read about the Hex wasp and the CT 1500 that go directly on without an adapter plate(Preferred). Does anyone have any experience with any? I would hit @carready up but will ask here before I bug him! TIA

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet you're thinking about the 507C.. The 407/507K series is the RMSC footprint so it should fit without a plate.

I should have looked into it a little harder. The 507K doesn't have the RMSc footprint.​

Pistol optics can be confusing. And one of the more confusing things is understanding the Holosun K Series footprint vs the Shield RMSc footprint.

This article is going to make it crystal clear so keep reading.

We call the Holosun K Series footprint a "Modified RMSc footprint" because it's very similar with only a few differences.

The optics that have a Holosun K Series footprint are the 407K, 507K, EPS, and EPS Carry.

Holosun K Series Footprint Optics - Modified RMSc Optics

Holosun K Series Footprint vs Shield RMSc Footprint​

• A normal Shield RMSc Footprint has 4 recoil lugs, two in the front, two in the rear
  • The Holosun K Series footprint has two in the front only, none in the rear
  • The Holosun K Series footprint also has shallower recoil lug recesses