Tulsa State Fair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember working at bells during the fair once. All the hours you wanted to work.
At a dollar an hour. Circa 1976
Please tell me it was cash, no taxes? My first job in was in 1972 I was 14 and a busboy. I was paid minimum wage which was 1.65 an hour. I had to give all the tips to the waitresses and at the end of the night they were supposed to give me 10%. Turns out every waitress gave me all their pennies and told me it added up to 10%...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please tell me it was cash, no taxes? My first job in was in 1972 I was 14 and a busboy. I was paid minimum wage which was 1.65 an hour. I had to give all the tips to the waitresses and at the end of the night they were supposed to give me 10%. Turns out every waitress gave me all their pennies and told me it added up to 10%...
Those bitches ... No seriously. That's a load of ****.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Makes me glad I just stayed in the dish room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom