Red dot or reflex sights: what's the difference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After heavily over paying for my Sightmark red dot sight and 3x magnifier, I would steer pretty much anyone I know away from buying sightmark. Mine eats batteries like a kid eats cheerios. Besides that, the adjustment of the red dot itself is a pretty miserable affair. Just putting that out there.

Yeah, a buddy of mine loaned me a Sightmark just to try to see if I liked it.

Nope. :disappoin

Therefore, I decided to just go with a plain ol' 4 power scope.

I bought this one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGB1JOO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know, I know...you guys are all gonna laugh at me for that, but I mean, c'mon...it's a damned ol' .22 for Christ's sake! :ugh2: Why would I spend more on glass than I would the rifle? :anyone: My needs for a .22 rifle are different than most. I plan on using it for occasional fun times but mostly critter control. I also liked the idea of it being more compact (7.5 inches) compared to others that are a foot long.

Trust me - when you splatter a skunk with 00 Buckshot from a 12 gauge, you start thinking about a smaller caliber. :rolleyes2 With a .22 I can head shoot the bastard and he won't stink the place up.

I pity you city guys who live right next door to other folks. Country livin' is where it's at! I will NEVER live within the city limits ever again. :hellno:

If you're lucky enough to live in the country, you're lucky enough. :thumb:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, a buddy of mine loaned me a Sightmark just to try to see if I liked it.

Nope. :disappoin

Therefore, I decided to just go with a plain ol' 4 power scope.

I bought this one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGB1JOO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know, I know...you guys are all gonna laugh at me for that, but I mean, c'mon...it's a damned ol' .22 for Christ's sake! :ugh2: Why would I spend more on glass than I would the rifle? :anyone: My needs for a .22 rifle are different than most. I plan on using it for occasional fun times but mostly critter control. I also liked the idea of it being more compact (7.5 inches) compared to others that are a foot long.

Trust me - when you splatter a skunk with 00 Buckshot from a 12 gauge, you start thinking about a smaller caliber. :rolleyes2 With a .22 I can head shoot the bastard and he won't stink the place up.

I pity you city guys who live right next door to other folks. Country livin' is where it's at! I will NEVER live within the city limits ever again. :hellno:

If you're lucky enough to live in the country, you're lucky enough. :thumb:

Yeah, it was definitely one of my worst financial decisions last year. Won't make that mistake again. As for country living, that's my next goal. I never knew that I had it so great when I grew up out in the country. Now I'm spending all of my time and effort to try to get back to living out there again.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread got me looking at the Burris Fast Fire and thanks to a member her, I got the FFII. I was going to get the Leupold Delta point but the new gen is about to come out so I figured I'd hold off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom