Red dot question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know nothing about them, but lots of folks seem to like them, so....

I ordered a 9mm just to use to play around at the range and want to mount a red dot sight. My 80 yr old eyes are still very good with iron sights but I thought I would see what the fuss was about.

I shoot frequently and my initial thoughts are either a Holosun 407 or 507.

Appreciate any thoughts on this
I have a few - latest is a 5.7 from PSA w/Holosun and believe it or not I can hit the paper at 100yds and I shake like a dog pooping peach sheeds - best is a S&W Performance Ctr 9mm that makes shooting easier and funner - I think the ones with tall fixed sights for co-witness are easier to hit the bull than a red dot that is above the iron sights JMO

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the one I ordered

Attachments

• cbfebb47dd41715ac921779d29a3deba.jpg.jpg
    cbfebb47dd41715ac921779d29a3deba.jpg.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0

Vigilance OKC

Marksman
Reaction score
I had to switch most of my handguns to red dots. With age, my reading distance is shot so I can either see my sights or the target but both are out of reach. I can still getaway with slow target practice but quick acquisition was slipping. I carry religiously so having confidence you can hit what you’re aiming at is pretty important!

Red dots have been a game changer for me. My carry is a sig p365xl with a Romeo zero on it and it’s excellent. Optics Planet had these on sale for something like $127 (Romeo Zero) - much less than Sig website and the new ones come with a metal shroud.

My FN509 Tac is running a RMR. I’ve used both the Burris and vortex. The sig and RMR seem a little better.

The tough thing is that’s it’s difficult to add to a gun that wasn’t designed for it but I would highly recommend.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at a red and a green, and the green really popped out for me so I have one on the way. Should be here in a couple of days. I also changed the backstrap and that gun feels like it was made for my hand now. Significantly better than my 365 X. If it shoots as good as it handles it may relegate my X to a pocket pistol only. Paul, at PJ, is making a holster for it. I should have it all put together around the first of the year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom