Reloading 300 BLK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey SOCOM, was your H110 load supersonic or subsonic? How were the groups?

My loads were supersonic being 125 grains.

The accuracy was good enough for my intended uses.

Now I am starting to play around with a 180 gr bullet.

I will try to make a subsonic round with it, but the bullet may be way to lite for such a test.

T-DUB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i assume you are loading subsonic for a suppressor otherwise you will have getting it to cycle i load 220 grain sierra with 9.7 grains of win 296 (its the exact same as h110) and gan oal of 2.242 works extremly well through my thunderbeast suppressor i use 296 for all my loads from 110 grain through 150 grain it works great for 300 blackout i have loaded about 1200 rounds of different grain bullets with it

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not loading for a suppressor.

Just playing with a cartridge and seeing what it's limits are in each direction.

You can have a subsonic round without a suppressor. I am really trying to see what the advantage if it is, so far, other than recoil, I am thinking the 125 gr rounds are the way to fly!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am not loading for a suppressor.

Just playing with a cartridge and seeing what it's limits are in each direction.

You can have a subsonic round without a suppressor. I am really trying to see what the advantage if it is, so far, other than recoil, I am thinking the 125 gr rounds are the way to fly!

Same results here, H110 and 125gr Nosler BT's. Tried three different powder charges, all under .6" at 100y, one dead deer last year as a result.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you loading heavy bullets for sub-sonic speeds using 110/296, I would not worry about the air space as there won't be a lot after you cram that big ole bullet into the case to the correct AOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom