Reloading 300 BLK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-DUB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i guess i am not following you are you trying to load a 125 grain subsonic load ? I dont think that you can load a bullet that light at subsonic speeds and i have tried in 4 different 300 blackout ars to shoot subsonic 220 grain loads without my suppressor and they would not cycle 3 16 inch barrels and 1 9.5 inch barrel so my experience and everyone i know that owns one couldnt get to cycle without a suppresor

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i guess i am not following you are you trying to load a 125 grain subsonic load ? I dont think that you can load a bullet that light at subsonic speeds and i have tried in 4 different 300 blackout ars to shoot subsonic 220 grain loads without my suppressor and they would not cycle 3 16 inch barrels and 1 9.5 inch barrel so my experience and everyone i know that owns one couldnt get to cycle without a suppresor

Correct your not understanding what our goals are, I would like to make a subsonic round with a 180gr bullet even though I don't think I can achieve this, when I was shooting 200+gr bullets I was trying the subsonic route just as a lark to see what they would do.

I much prefer hypersonic 125gr rounds as they are more fun to shoot and have better and longer accuracy.

My upper has a gas block that is adjustable and can make the action cycle without a suppressor.

Added at 2:24-BTW after re-reading my post I am apologize for sounding like a sorry Good for nothing know it all

Last edited:

P20,000

Marksman
Reaction score
I had a hard time finding a good recommended powder for subs. I ended up using Lil'Gun. I believe it's a 410 powder. But works like a champ for my subs.

I've whacked some pigs with supers, but I can't wait to whack one with a 220 SMK.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a hard time finding a good recommended powder for subs. I ended up using Lil'Gun. I believe it's a 410 powder. But works like a champ for my subs. I've whacked some pigs with supers, but I can't wait to whack one with a 220 SMK.
I have seen some loads for the Accurate 1680. But, it came from an internet source and not from published data. Lil Gun seems to be the front runner among sub sonic loads.

Last edited:

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used Lil gun with good results. Just loaded up some with Unique pistol powder for my bolt gun. I will let you know how they perform after this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom