Remember when.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could walk around a gunshow and find all kinds of milsurps? What about going into Brigadoons, Big Boys, Charlie's, D & B Gold, and others? The feeling of walking out with an Enfield, couple hundred rds of ammo, a sling, and bayonet for a good weekend of fun sure is missed by me.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remeber seeing a mosin M38 at a claremore gunshow when i was 16 for $40. I remember back in 06-07 buying mosins from interordnance all day long for $64.95. I remember british enfields for $99. Ahh memories

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
every pawnshop had an m1 carbine for $150 back in the day. as late as 1999 i was buying turk mausers from cdnn for 39.99.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just miss being able to walk into any sporting type store and get any ammo I needed and at a normal cost, now I have to plan months ahead just to shoot a particular gun...sigh.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

Was getting ready for a last minute dove hunt, had just gotten off work and a buddy came by. We loaded up the truck and stopped by 7-11 for $5 in gas (half a tank BTW), a couple of Big Gulps and 4 boxes of Federal Field loads ($1.79 / box). Cleaned us out and we had a great shoot.

DAMN, am I that old???????????????????

dwgumm

New to the site!
Reaction score
Times sure have changed. When I was twelve a couple of friends and I would stop by 7-11 on the way to a farm pond a couple miles south of our homes and by Icy drinks and a few boxes of 22s. We would then bicycle our way loaded down with fishing poles and rifles. No one stopped us or thought us up to no good. I can't imagine letting my sons do that when they were growing up.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when I could go to a store and walk out with a used 12 ga for $8.00. And here in Oklahoma I went to Otasco and bought a mil surp for $29.00.
And as a kid I would read comic books and in the back was an ad that for $29.99 a guy could buy a mil surp rifle and it'd be shipped to my address. And we kids would trade guns almost as much as we traded comic books. And we'd carry bullets to grade school an mess with them during recess, how the neighbor kid took a piece of pipe and fit a .22 bullet in and hit it with a hammer and it would go off. The word "Long Tom" meant a long barreled shotgun and we all wanted a 10 gauge-we'd heard of one but never seen one. And the neighbor kid took the pellets out of a 12 ga shell and put steel bearings in and blew a hole in the bottom of a wash tub. None of us ever shot anyone nor did we go to jail or shoot ourselves, we were responsible-somewhat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom