Remington 700 Recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked my Remmy 223 and sure enough, it's on the list. I'm glad they are doing something about it. I hope they don't mind the modifications!

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might be awhile before you get it back. The people answering the phones are overwhelmed to say the least. We have 20 going back and that ain't many.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
****....I don't know about sending mine back. It is a VOLUNTARY recall, and I'd hate to have to screw up the bedding in my rifle and take the scope base off and send it all back in.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington posted the recall on their website but it has not received a lot of attention....probably Remington's intention, I would imagine to avoid bad press. I sent for my shipping box a week ago....so far, no box.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
****....I don't know about sending mine back. It is a VOLUNTARY recall, and I'd hate to have to screw up the bedding in my rifle and take the scope base off and send it all back in.

But a timney or Jewell trigger have it installed. You'll be happier with one of those anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not stripping the goodies off of my rifle to send it in. Timney trigger for me. Easy install and the gun will not be gone for several months or a year +. How many rifles produced for the last 8 years will be sent in? I assume a #### load. #### that!!!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my tracking info for my box. I guess I missed where they want the rifle stripped down to factory. I'm not taking the base off when I send it in. I was thinking of selling the rifle before this but changed my mind. I'm not sure what I'll do when I get it back. It's such a sweet package for teaching youth or new shooters from the bench.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_24_ry4ajana.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_24_quguvepe.jpg

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called remington today....was on hold for 40 minutes. The customer service rep was less happy to speak with me. I assume it's from the litany of calls like mine asking how long it would be to turn the gun around. The corporate line is that they have no time estimate....I am starting to rethink sending mine in and just paying for a new trigger. I don't want my rifle out of my hands for who knows how long....now....Timney, Jewel, JP..?

Latest posts

Top Bottom