Remington 700 Recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is the list, I filled the form out the day that this thread was made and I've not received anything from them.

Not sure what the deal is, but I am going to go with a Timney trigger and be done with it.

TBH, I feel sort of jerked around by Remington. When that MSNBC report came out, I supported them and shared "their" version of the video. And then for this to happens sort of, in my mind, justifies, at least in part, the MSNBC report.

I just want to install the Timney trigger and be done with the Remington drama.

/rant off/

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my tracking info for my box. I guess I missed where they want the rifle stripped down to factory. I'm not taking the base off when I send it in. I was thinking of selling the rifle before this but changed my mind. I'm not sure what I'll do when I get it back. It's such a sweet package for teaching youth or new shooters from the bench.

You and I have the same rifle.

Why did you install that thing on the end of your rifle? Was it for flash suppression, or is that something that is required to attach a silencer? Or is it just something that you wanted to add?

I am curious because I am wanting, at some point, to suppress my rifle.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, ever since remington did away with the 40x triggers and went to the X-marks, they've sucked. I've got an older 700 5r with the 40x trigger and it's magnificent. Have an '06 700 PSS that shoots good, but make sure it's pointed down range when you take the safety off because it will fire everytime with out even touching the trigger. It will get a new trigger after I finish my mods to the .243. Also have 2012ish 700 SPS in .243 that's getting a Rifle Basix trigger put in it very soon.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, ever since remington did away with the 40x triggers and went to the X-marks, they've sucked. I've got an older 700 5r with the 40x trigger and it's magnificent. Have an '06 700 PSS that shoots good, but make sure it's pointed down range when you take the safety off because it will fire everytime with out even touching the trigger. It will get a new trigger after I finish my mods to the .243. Also have 2012ish 700 SPS in .243 that's getting a Rifle Basix trigger put in it very soon.

I just want to be clear that you are talking literally, and not hyperbole?

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want to be clear that you are talking literally, and not hyperbole?

Being honest. If you engage the safety on the 700 PSS, then disengage it, it will fire. Without touching the trigger.

That's why I don't shoot it much. Gun scares the crap out of me. If I do take it out, I only load one round at a time. And only close the bolt when I'm going to shoot. If it's not being shot, I keep the bolt out of the gun. It's an excellent shooter, but dangerous. Going to order a Timney in June when I get my bonus.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being honest. If you engage the safety on the 700 PSS, then disengage it, it will fire. Without touching the trigger.

That's why I don't shoot it much. Gun scares the crap out of me. If I do take it out, I only load one round at a time. And only close the bolt when I'm going to shoot. If it's not being shot, I keep the bolt out of the gun. It's an excellent shooter, but dangerous. Going to order a Timney in June when I get my bonus.

Jesus Christ. And it is not like you can sell it either. It is like it is your cross to bear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom