remington 870 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliott

Marksman
Reaction score
i would like to tac-out my new 870 any suggestions on wat looks/performs good i was hoping someone could gimme some links for stocks and a side saddle shell holder
i would also like to throw some ghost ring sights on it i havnt decided yet

thanks for your help

elliott

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too have the Mesa Tactical shellholder. A warning to left handed shooters. Be careful of your hand slipping too far forward on the grip. I sliced my finger open on the edge of the shellholder on the first shot. I'm thinking about having the culprit machined off and rounded.

I went with the youth stock with the limbsaver recoil pad so that I could use it with a vest if I wanted to. (that and my youngest son likes to shoot skeet with it.) I have a rifle sighted 20" barrel that I sent off to Vang Comp for their choke modifications and finished it off with a magazine extension and a synthetic foregrip.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too have the Mesa Tactical shellholder. A warning to left handed shooters. Be careful of your hand slipping too far forward on the grip. I sliced my finger open on the edge of the shellholder on the first shot. I'm thinking about having the culprit machined off and rounded.

I went with the youth stock with the limbsaver recoil pad so that I could use it with a vest if I wanted to. (that and my youngest son likes to shoot skeet with it.) I have a rifle sighted 20" barrel that I sent off to Vang Comp for their choke modifications and finished it off with a magazine extension and a synthetic foregrip.

That is the good thing about the new Mesa Tactical Urbino stock. It has a 2" shorter LOP and the Limbsaver pad.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firecop what do you think of the vang comp treatment was it worth it?

Yep, extending the forcing cone is worth it if you want to shoot tighter groups. It makes skeet shooting a little harder. My son actually prefers an unmodified Remington 1100 for shooting skeet.

Before I sent the barrel in, I was shooting 30" groups at 25 yards with 00 and #4 buckshot. When I got it back, the groups went to 9" at 25 yards.

When I got the barrel back from Vang Comp, it was rough on the inside. I sent it to the gunsmith in Ada that does the same type of work. He polished the inside of the barrel and made it shine.

http://www.shotgunchokes.com/

elliott

Marksman
Reaction score
thanks guys for the sites and help i think ima got wit the knoxx spec ops stock and the mesa tac shell holder once i get it done ill post some pics

Latest posts

Top Bottom