Report: Georgia deputies conduct warrantless search of high school, pat down 900 students

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting and disturbing but we the lawsuit seems sidetracked by irrelevant issues, for instance, the morbid descriptions of the searches actually sound like pretty much standard drug search procedures IIRC. The main issue is not the specifics of whether Johnny or Mary "perceived" outrages upon their person but the underlying issue of are these types of mass searches permissible at all, even for students in a school environment.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too disgusting, too unconstitutional for decent comment.

Woody

Litany of blue, profane, and derogatory language expressing truly felt emotions withheld for the protection of our children and the tender of ear.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a lot of Connections to GA and I'll tell you, if there were ever police that act with an authoritarian bent it's in the State of Georgia.

At least in my experience.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is maddening. Police State is correct, WHY? I certainly would hope there were female Peace Officers present to pat down the young ladies, lest psychological trauma be part of the lawsuits. It never ceases to amaze me that for every step forward we take, some backwards sumbich takes us backwards two steps.

I don’t think an airport scanner or luggage x-ray machine is impossible to move, guess we will need to start putting them in schools, but wouldn’t a few drug dogs have been able to find drugs much easier ?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember local PD running dogs through classrooms and the high school parking lot a few times a year in Ponca City. I caught a three-day suspension once for having a few empty 12ga hulls in the bed of my truck. Seems they were super sensitive post-Columbine.

Not sure if it's still a regular thing, but it was 99-01.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I caught a three-day suspension once for having a few empty 12ga hulls in the bed of my truck. Seems they were super sensitive post-Columbine.

Not sure if it's still a regular thing, but it was 99-01.
Wow... I drove Dad's F-350 to high school a few times when my car was down, and it had a .22mag rifle on the gun rack in full view.

But this was in '74... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom