Republican Debate 1/28/2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FOX posted a poll (on TV this morning) on who won the debate and it showed Trump as #2. He wasn't even there! LOL

His influence was certainly there. :D
Don't understand how Carson is still on the main stage. Love the guy, but he just seems to be falling apart. Heard he fired a bunch of folks in his campaign, and has a new group.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carson seems like a decent and knowledgeable guy and if a Republican wins the Presidency he should consider Carson perhaps for Surgeon General, but head of the ticket for the next election...no way.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carson seems like a decent and knowledgeable guy and if a Republican wins the Presidency he should consider Carson perhaps for Surgeon General, but head of the ticket for the next election...no way.

SG would be a complete waste of him. What do SGs actually do anyway? Make a couple of PSAs and then they are never heard from again. Total waste of money and also talent with someone of his caliber. I'm thinking he could be a good Secretary of State maybe, or give him the HHS and VA to fix.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SG would be a complete waste of him. What do SGs actually do anyway? Make a couple of PSAs and then they are never heard from again. Total waste of money and also talent with someone of his caliber. I'm thinking he could be a good Secretary of State maybe, or give him the HHS and VA to fix.

Surgeon general gets to set USPHS policy and it requires some technical expertise. He has demonstrated no ability to run an administrative department effectively so HHS or VA would be a big gamble with someone else paying the price if he FUBARs it. State, I admit I have trouble seeing him dealing with tough negotiating partners but I also only have the view of one who has seen his TV appearances.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surgeon general gets to set USPHS policy and it requires some technical expertise. He has demonstrated no ability to run an administrative department effectively so HHS or VA would be a big gamble with someone else paying the price if he FUBARs it. State, I admit I have trouble seeing him dealing with tough negotiating partners but I also only have the view of one who has seen his TV appearances.

I have to agree with you on Carson. I thought he might be good for VA but your reasoning about running a department as huge as the VA is something he has never done.

But, thinking about it more, None of the senators/representatives we have in congress had a clue about what to do before going to Washington.
Obama or anybody not an incumbent had no experience in running the country.
The way Washington runs is staff. When a peanut farmer became president he had to select staff to advise him.
When a preacher from NW Ok went to Congress he had no experience. The resident staff that is government workers provide the information and advise for him to make decisions. It doesn't matter if the elected official is dem or rep, they get the same staff when they take that office in Washington.

Who really runs this country?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I tend to agree with you, but I also had him gone a long time ago based on his public demeanor. Seems he's shown some backbone in this whole process, so maybe he could be good. His intellect hasn't let him down yet as long as sticks by it. The question is does he have the ability to keep doing so in D.C.? Or will the beast end up chewing him up and spitting him out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom