Researching prices?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you get way too emotional about things that are listed for sale in the classifieds.

I haven’t visited a pawn shop in years, but I don’t remember them being particularly cheap when it came to guns.

I don’t take what’s selling or not selling in the classifieds personally.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So do half the people on this site actually have any idea what "used" guns are going for at places like pawn shops or used cases in local gun shops?

I mean I get it..... oooooh no paper work...... No tax.......

But most of the items on here are full retail....... sometimes more.

Now cue all the 20 somethings..... "you don't like it don't buy it"........
I’ve got a bunch to sell but right now they are worth more to me than money. I’m sure one day reality will set in and I will actually post a for sale ad for all of them, that day isn’t always convenient I imagine and I see nothing wrong with the price in an ad, it’s usually a great starting point and a way to gauge the loonies from the lunatics.

As for how many folks have a “clue” about value?

7/5th’s if I did my math correctly…

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the rare occasion that I sell something, I always check new price (or comparable) and adjust down from that based on condition. If it sells it sells, if it don't I'll go elsewhere or keep it. I see two scenarios here often.

Someone overpaid because they "wanted it bad" then doesn't understand when nobody will give them a breakeven deal.

The other is a pistol that's basically all aftermarket...Sights, trigger, controls, stippling, slide cuts or replacement slide, ceracoat, 2 crappy kydex holsters and then price it all at 3-4. times what you can buy one for new at a store. We've all seen G19s on here tricked out for way more than a brand new Glock goes for. Most people don't realize all that custom stuff and aftermarket internal fire control parts actually detracts from value, but here they are trying cash out when they need gas.

Birdseed

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I had a two 1911’s I wanted to sell, sold one of them to a frien. I had taken a 100.00 off of the pair to move both of them, but he only wanted the one. Last week, he decided he wanted the second 1911, I agreed to sell it with the original price for the two. We made the exchanged, and there was an extra 100.00. I told him there was an extra hundred, he he said I know. A nice guy, I have treated him good over the years, that was totally unexpected, I will call him I have something I need to sell, first!

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy some here. But, if it’s in OKC area, it costs me another $100 by the time I drive and eat.
That and the fact there really aren’t a lot I’m looking to buy , limit my purchases.
Also my LGS has always treated me great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom