Review: Wilshire Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$600 Glocks? Funny that we flame Gunworld for their $600 Glocks and hourly range fees, but this place gets a pass.

I need to stop in and see why it's special enough to escape the same criticism we heap on others who price gouge like that. Is it the ambience? The customer service? The booze LOL.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$600 Glocks? Funny that we flame Gunworld for their $600 Glocks and hourly range fees, but this place gets a pass.

I need to stop in and see why it's special enough to escape the same criticism we heap on others who price gouge like that. Is it the ambience? The customer service? The booze LOL.

Everybody was very nice, the range guy got a little snippy at one point when asked about shooting scoped pistols on the 100 range. The 100 range was very nice I thought. I really enjoyed it and the hamburger was great. It will not be a place I will normally go. Prices are BS. If I pick up a rifle that I want to sight in, I would go, other than than that it was not worth it.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not all of us are giving it a pass. I'm not paying hourly for range time.

BTW, I didn't realize GunWorld had lowered their prices. LOL

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the range on the night that they were having their grand opening a few weeks back. I definitely think that it's a nice place and the way they have the pistols displayed is a novel idea that I kind of liked. I ended up using the 101 yard range to sight in my scope on my newly assembled .300 blk AR and it was quite nice to be able to do that inside with a target that comes to me, rather than having to walk out to it. I'm not a huge fan of the $28/hr pricetag for it, but I would only ever use it whenever I'm trying to sight something in. I had some time left on my hour after I was done with my AR and I decided to try out the pistol range. I have to say, I wasn't impressed with that at all. It's just too freaking claustrophobic in there. There is just no room behind the shooting bay. Just to get to my bay at the end of the line I had to excuse myself past pretty much everyone else. I definitely wouldn't be willing to pay $15/hr to use the pistol range. I'd rather pay $15/day at Big Boys or $10/day at H&H. That's just my 2 cents.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife surprised me and got me a basic membership there. I have never been there and prefer outside ranges. But it's the thought that counts and I'm always excited when she thinks up a cool gift. Downside after the discount it's still about the same range fee as H&H if I read it right. I think also H&H blew us off when we went to shoot some class 3 (rifle with suppressor) stuff on the day we were told to show up for it. So I think my Wife is just trying to stay away from H&H. I will go and try this out on date night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom