Review: Wilshire Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't see your review Dennis.

Obviously, if we don't like the prices we won't go there. But why can't we discuss it on a discussion forum?

Sometimes I don't shoot for more than a hour, but I'd hate to feel rushed or get another charge tacked on if I run long. No positional shooting is a no-go for me too. One of the reasons I stopped going to H&H was their "no draw" rule.

I'm sure they'll do fine, and it's always good to see successful shooting sports venues!

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Didn't see your review Dennis.

Obviously, if we don't like the prices we won't go there. But why can't we discuss it on a discussion forum?

Sometimes I don't shoot for more than a hour, but I'd hate to feel rushed or get another charge tacked on if I run long. No positional shooting is a no-go for me too. One of the reasons I stopped going to H&H was their "no draw" rule.

I'm sure they'll do fine, and it's always good to see successful shooting sports venues!

We can. There's nothing wrong with barking about prices that you feel are too high. There's no forum rule that says we can't speak our minds either positively or negatively. hourly charges for a lane will keep me away. That's just poor business in my opinion. I don't know that I'd take more than an hour in a lane, but if I'm sighting in my rifle I want to do it right without watching the clock.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of wondering why these negative threads weren't posted when I did my review?

How many of you shoot for a day at an indoor range? An hour is not enough? Can you shoot prone at other ranges?

How much time do most of you spend in a lane? I don't know. I shoot outdoors 99.9% of the time. Honest questions.
I didn't see your review either. To answer your questions, I usually spend 2-3 hours at the indoor range. An hour is almost never enough for me to do what I want to do. Yes, there are other ranges that allow prone shooting. Like I said, H&H allows it. I have shot a lot of 25m Army Qual. Tests there from all the various required positions. Also I have never been to an outdoor range that doesn't allow positional shooting.

I agree with you about the price. I am only a Windsor Hills resident, lol, but I would probably pay that much on occasion to shoot at facilities like that if they would allow the style of shooting I do. It sounds like this range isn't real oriented towards serious rifle shooters... you can't shoot off anything but a bench, but even the benches are kind of half assed and don't let serious bench shooters shoot the way they want. Sounds like it's more geared toward folks who just want to prop the old deer rifle up there and fire the annual half box of ammo to make sure it's still hitting in the kill zone. It seems to me they are missing out on a big opportunity with the serious bench rest guys, who shoot competition, or are all about hand loading to the nth degree of accuracy. Those guys would love an indoor 100 yd. range that is isolated from wind. They would want L-shaped benches where they could use a front and rear rest though.

I like how they have decent priced Scotch though! I might go check 'em out just for that and the food, even if I'm not going to shoot there.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you guys. Sometimes I'm in, then I'm out. 45 mins total. However, most days I'm shooting multiple systems or with a buddy and we spend half a day there. And when I do bring out a lot of weapons or the big systems, you are talking up to 15 mins of setup and 15 mins of tear down. So at that point I'm paying $28 for 30 mins of trigger time. And like I said, the night I went, I was running break in on a mint fresh barrel. One round, clean. One round, clean. Do on and so forth. That would be an expensive day per hour.

And as far as holster draw, apparently you CAN draw from the holster at Wilshire IF you go thru their qualifier class. I don't know what all that entails but it is pretty positive since most of the other indoor ranges don't allow it at all.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That simulator has both of us drooling all over ourselves. We'll wait a little bit for the new to wear off and go check it out.

Like henchman, I'm thinking dinner and drinks might be in our future there though. It sounds like a nice place. And who wouldn't love a place that serves MY scotch at a reasonable price ... :anyone:

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give them a chance, like the man said it is not inexpensive to put in a state of the are air conditioned range with all that this one offers.

Ranges I have been to were not air conditioned, and did not offer what this one does.

It is about time that Oklahoma has what this offers. I understand that not everyone will be able to afford to shoot there, but it is nice to know that, now we have this range as an option. Especially when trying to lure in weapon companies, it is going to be impressive for them to see that Oklahoma now offers a range that exceeds state of the art.

Also look at it this way. When trying to move the anti gun people over to our side, which we all know is next to impossible, a range like this one will come closer to making it more of a reality.

Will a range like this one take away from my business, no, Steve at Cold Hand Arms know's his stuff, and will do his best to promote NFA weapon sales, people that go to the range will not always purchase a weapon there, but will become interested in something they shot or saw. As for accessories, no shop can carry everything.

In my opinion this range is just good for Oklahoma.

We need to support it in every way we can, if not by going there, by word of mouth.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That simulator has both of us drooling all over ourselves. We'll wait a little bit for the new to wear off and go check it out.

Like henchman, I'm thinking dinner and drinks might be in our future there though. It sounds like a nice place. And who wouldn't love a place that serves MY scotch at a reasonable price ... :anyone:
We had one of those in the SF training section and i loved to spend my training day in that room. Had props of the sig, m9, m4, m249, pepper spray, tazer and if one of the training guys had time they can control the actions of perps or the different targets.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had one of those in the SF training section and i loved to spend my training day in that room. Had props of the sig, m9, m4, m249, pepper spray, tazer and if one of the training guys had time they can control the actions of perps or the different targets.

**sigh** Show off ... :grumble: (Yeah, GC's gotten to play around in one too. He says it is a BLAST!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom