Review: Wilshire Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would hope they are trying to avoid the flannel shirt guys. It's usually Bubba that tears up your range. There are plenty of places to go to see the State Fair crowd with less teeth than sense. I'll give it a try as a date night.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped in today, and was impressed by the detail of the place. Didn't shoot but did notice the gun and accessory prices were mostly MSRPish. They'd do themselves a big favor by scouting the local competition and staying at or below the OKC market price. Maybe rotate sale items around like the online places do.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would hope they are trying to avoid the flannel shirt guys. It's usually Bubba that tears up your range. There are plenty of places to go to see the State Fair crowd with less teeth than sense. I'll give it a try as a date night.

Yeah, that brings back my comment, if you can't afford those prices, just go somewhere else. There are bars that charge $10 a drink, and some that are $3.50.

I feel safer at the $10 joint.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the range today. Great range and yes it's a little pricey. With a $45 a month executive individual membership, range use is free so for me as someone who will shoot a lot it's worth it. The $25 a month membership range use is half off.

I plan on getting the executive membership as the free range time will pay for itself.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was planning on taking my wife and son there to shoot tomorrow. We live in Choctaw so every trip is drive, straight there and then straight home. I'm not the type of person that goes to shoot on a lunch hour. I always take several machineguns and shoot a few hundred dollars in ammo each session. But my son is only 7. I work him in with a .22lr rifle. I never spend under an hour there. And I'm not going to rush shooting while working with a child. Hell, even if it's just me and a buddy we don't spend under an hour shooting.

I was hoping there would be some rifle racks at the lanes. That's a big issue I have at H&H. I have a pile of soft cases in the lane. I wish there was some place to prop stuff up. Most of the new lanes at H&H don't even have the little shelves to put stuff on. And they always throw me with the machineguns down to the rifle range even if they are all pistol caliber. But it doesn't sound like the new place will be any better. And it appears it will be more expensive.

I will still go tomorrow to check it out. But I'll leave the family and guns at home. I'm not going to pay hourly for range time.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was planning on taking my wife and son there to shoot tomorrow. We live in Choctaw so every trip is drive, straight there and then straight home. I'm not the type of person that goes to shoot on a lunch hour. I always take several machineguns and shoot a few hundred dollars in ammo each session. But my son is only 7. I work him in with a .22lr rifle. I never spend under an hour there. And I'm not going to rush shooting while working with a child. Hell, even if it's just me and a buddy we don't spend under an hour shooting.

I was hoping there would be some rifle racks at the lanes. That's a big issue I have at H&H. I have a pile of soft cases in the lane. I wish there was some place to prop stuff up. Most of the new lanes at H&H don't even have the little shelves to put stuff on. And they always throw me with the machineguns down to the rifle range even if they are all pistol caliber. But it doesn't sound like the new place will be any better. And it appears it will be more expensive.

I will still go tomorrow to check it out. But I'll leave the family and guns at home. I'm not going to pay hourly for range time.

I bet your gun safe is the place where dreams come from.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the range today. Great range and yes it's a little pricey. With a $45 a month executive individual membership, range use is free so for me as someone who will shoot a lot it's worth it. The $25 a month membership range use is half off.

I plan on getting the executive membership as the free range time will pay for itself.

This ... we did the math and figured out that the executive membership was the way to go for GC. If I was still shooting we'd look into the caliber membership because we literally went shooting 4 or 5 nights a week and then shot competitions on the weekends.

That membership we had at H&H was cash in our pockets within 2 weeks of paying for it ... :P

But, alas, those days are gone. I'm lucky if I shoot once a month now so we'll get a membership for GC and just pony up for me when I feel like going ... I'm glad the prices aren't what I was envisioning in the other thread. These really are do-able ...

Hoov is spot-on in his assessment of certain gun range clientele ... some folks just ain't got not sense ... :disappoin

Latest posts

Top Bottom