Revolver toters: Six? Or eight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are the Tuffs just as good as the Bianchi? They look about identical to me.

I just ordered a pair from Midway. 14 bucks shipped.

I have about 20 of the Bianchi's for .38's, the ones for my 624 look just like the .38/.357 ones on steroids. I've been working with mine for a couple of months now with the .44spl, and no problems.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Remember with J-frames its not about firepower, but sound tactic's. Several years back in Georgia a GSP officer off-duty wound up in a gunfight with three felons. All he had was a SW 49 and an additional speed strip. 10 rnds later there was three dead felons. This was before the GSP started issueing semiautos. Officers carried SW 28's 19's, and 66's. Most carried a J-frame as a backup/off-duty.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If your choice is to carry a J-frame, then just like your larger gun's you need to practice, sometimes even more. The J isn't a beginners gun, but a gun to carried and used by someone who has made the effort to learn and understand everything about her. If your not willing to learn, and operate her to where you can almost as second nature draw, fire, move and shoot, you are a liability to yourself and everyone around you.

I see way to many folks but these, maybe shoot a cylinder or two, and then think they are ready, an go forth. I hope these folks never ever have to use it!

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. I was responding to Chris C, who said he was thinking of one of those for his only carry.

jej

i always heard the 3 inch 1911's were better then the 4 inch ones...

as for the 40 GLOCKSs not working? ive carried a 40 GLOCK for my 7 years as an LEO and never had a misfire, in practice, during qualifications, nor on the street.

I have heard of the trigger spring breaking, our department inspects our guns annually. then i heard about the surefire issue with OCPD. I have never had an issue with any of the 40 SW GLOCKS ive owned or been around.

but I still carry a J frame off duty cause its light and easy to conceal...

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks GED... speed loading a J frame is a pita... thought it was just me.
will order a few strips, since no one in town seems to stock em. that 2 skip one, 3 config looks good.

I don't even consider or suggest using ANY brand of speedloader with a J frame, however. The tolerances are just too damned tight. They work well on K, L & N frames though. :thumb:

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't own a revolver, but could some explain how the speed strips work??

Found this and I think I get the idea, seems speed loaders or moon clips would be faster??

Put two rounds into the chambers, then with a peeling up motion, using the chamber walls for a fulcrum of sorts, peel the strip back releasing the two rounds. Repeat as necessary.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're made of a rubbery plastic, and each cartridge has an individual "socket" that you plug it into (unlike, say, an SKS stripper clip which is just two rails.) They hold the cartridges in very securely. To load with them, stick two cartridges into the cylinder, then give it a shove/twist motion to strip the carts off. Then repeat with the other cylinders two at a time. With some practice you can get all the carts in in a matter of seconds. Not as theoretically fast as a circular speed loader, but much flatter.