Revolver toters: Six? Or eight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At $8, it'd probably be worth trying. Personally, running fully jacketed HPs...I'd probably load all six up front, and leave the last two empty. My biggest loading issue with the Bianchi strips was trying to keep them in my hand while loading the last two, because sweat made the itty-bitty tab slippery. I found it easier to load five and have the last socket available for gripping.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thx for posting that. I'll have to try the 8 round ones soon. I hear good things about the Tuff products strips. They make nylon pouches to fit them, too. I've been using Bianchi speed strips for a long time, in addition to speed loaders. Always carry them with a round in every socket for my J frame.

OT - I carried a back-up weapon for a long time in other states with a permit, for the same reasons you do. I now have a Florida non-res permit and took my OK class last week.

The instructor insisted that the OK SDA allows the carry of only one weapon. He cited SDA section 1290.3 in support of his position. He acknowledged that others [other instructors] disagreed with him on this. I cannot find any court cases or Atty Gen. opinions on the subject. I read 1290.3. Don't much see the instructor's point.

Needless to say, this would mess with the New York reload in a big way, if its right.

Can you shed some light on this? You obviously have decided two guns is OK. Have any experience with how local LEOs treat the subject?

jej

Yeah - your instructor is wrong. I don't see anything in 1290.3 that reads (to me) that you can only carry one gun.

BB and GED - can you explain the 2 space 3 thing? I carry two speed loaders in a pair of ipod socks in my pocket and have been thinking of a speed-loader with one of those speed-loader wallet type deals.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh. Don't be surprised what you hear from some SDA instructors. Hell, we had a guy on here not too long ago, who told his students that if you pull your weapon and point it at a BG, no matter what, you had damn well better SHOOT him!

If the BG sees your gun and turns to flee...uh...can you still shoot him? Is he still a threat to you? Are you SURE you wanna pull that trigger? :scratch:

The BG will not have time to turn and flee if I am ever threatened...but this is an interesting point.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah - your instructor is wrong. I don't see anything in 1290.3 that reads (to me) that you can only carry one gun.

BB and GED - can you explain the 2 space 3 thing? I carry two speed loaders in a pair of ipod socks in my pocket and have been thinking of a speed-loader with one of those speed-loader wallet type deals.

I do it that way because it gives me a space for my finger when reloading

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The J frame config, looks like this...load two, skip one, load three...

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3585_3522921567_89079d7080_o.jpg

[Broken External Image]

With the Tuff eight round strips, while loading for a K frame, it's basically the same. Load two rounds, skip one, load two, skip one, load two. That gives you more freedom of movement and keeps the fumbling to a minimum.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I haven't tried the Tuff-eight's, but do have them for my 624 .44spl's, and they are great. N-frame speedloaders don't fit in pockets, are a pain on the belt if trying to conceal them. I was very happy to find speedstrips for an N-frame!!!!

For my J-frames I always carry speed strips, and atleast one speed loader. The strips are set up 2-3.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't tried the Tuff-eight's, but do have them for my 624 .44spl's, and they are great. N-frame speedloaders don't fit in pockets, are a pain on the belt if trying to conceal them. I was very happy to find speedstrips for an N-frame!!!!

For my J-frames I always carry speed strips, and atleast one speed loader. The strips are set up 2-3.

Are the Tuffs just as good as the Bianchi? They look about identical to me.

I just ordered a pair from Midway. 14 bucks shipped.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might have to try a couple of those but they will be fully loaded. If I am wearing a jacket or loose slacks my preference is Safari speedloaders.:thumb:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might have to try a couple of those but they will be fully loaded. If I am wearing a jacket or loose slacks my preference is Safari speedloaders.:thumb:

Yeah, Safarilands are awesome if you have some big coat pockets for 'em. They don't ride very well on a belt.

I don't even consider or suggest using ANY brand of speedloader with a J frame, however. The tolerances are just too damned tight. They work well on K, L & N frames though. :thumb: