Rifle caliber question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the 6.5x55 Swede the same as the 6.5x55 Mauser???? I have the Swede and just bought some dies on Ebay that are for the Mauser, did I just buy something I don't need?

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, for the help, I haven't shot it yet but I have heard that it is a good cartridge. Hopefully I will try it next week if I can get over the crud., Thanks again.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a type 96 and it is an amazingly accurate milsurp rifle. You can form brass from 8mm mauser or 7mm mauser pretty easily, and from 30-06 as well but that takes a lot more effort. I split a case of surplus ammo with a friend a couple of months ago so I doubt that I will be forming brass for a while. This stuff is berdan primed and Dave has already converted some of his to boxer for reloading. Very labor intensive but can be done. Blitzfike

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a type 96 and it is an amazingly accurate milsurp rifle. You can form brass from 8mm mauser or 7mm mauser pretty easily, and from 30-06 as well but that takes a lot more effort. I split a case of surplus ammo with a friend a couple of months ago so I doubt that I will be forming brass for a while. This stuff is berdan primed and Dave has already converted some of his to boxer for reloading. Very labor intensive but can be done. Blitzfike

This works, and I am not suggesting it's a bad idea in any way, but don't infer that it means you can't get new brass. You can buy all you can afford. The forming of other brass is, as Blitzfike said, very labor intensive, but the option of newly manufactured brass does exist. It's pricy. CB

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CB is exactly right.. I'm just one of those strange folks who like to do things that few others do.. I also prefer to buy brass ready to go when I can afford it.. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom