Robot Commits Suicide - ROFLMAO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone needs to be held accountable for this, someone should have recognized that the robot was having problems and someone should have intervened and got it some counseling. Totally unacceptable behavior from the coworkers not to have a more caring attitude and offering help. I’m disgusted at the lack of empathy.
Red flag

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m laughing but I’m also curious. Did not finish the video, but I’m interested in humans feeling a connection to an inanimate object. About the closest I’ve come to that is having a cat.
Should we be concerned? Will more machines off themselves? Is there a robot reporting line we are supposed to call if our robot is feeling suicidal?
No different than if somebody drops their phone toilet or you take away social media.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One day, my roomba “flung” itself down the step into the living room and ended up on its back with a dead battery - is that considered suicide? ::eyeroll::

What actually happened was one of the dogs dashing through the house shifted the area rug so it stuck over the edge of the step, and the roomba traveled across the rug till the latter gave way.

There’s a perfectly logical explanation why that robot would have ended up at the bottom of a flight of stairs. Bad pathing. But it doesn’t make for a good headline…

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I would like to know more. Was the 'bot AI enabled? Charge and sensor status? Was it properly maintained? The fact it worked for the state and well liked does indicate that it may have been an actual suicide... Even more nefarious, did it know bill or hillary clinton?

Latest posts

Top Bottom