ROHM .22 misfires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a couple of ROHM RG10 pistols that I forgot I had. My dad use to carry them in his fishing tackle box. Took them out to shoot and they both missfire about 50% of the time. Anyone know anything about these guns and what the problem might be.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Due to their poor quality, misfires are common. And can be credited with saving hundreds or thousands of convience store clerks and others from being seriously harmed by misfiring at just the right moment.
In the movies they are used as throwdowns (whatever that means)LOL

Seriously though, they only sold new for about $24.95 and a raven 25 was $49.95
the potmetal frames stretch, a lot of the parts are casehardened only and wear easily.
I've got one for a tackle box gun, after a box of shells I have to rework it all over again.

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due to their poor quality, misfires are common. And can be credited with saving hundreds or thousands of convience store clerks and others from being seriously harmed by misfiring at just the right moment.
In the movies they are used as throwdowns (whatever that means)LOL

Seriously though, they only sold new for about $24.95 and a raven 25 was $49.95
the potmetal frames stretch, a lot of the parts are casehardened only and wear easily.
I've got one for a tackle box gun, after a box of shells I have to rework it all over again.

What does "reworking it" entail?

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On an RG10, they're so loose that unburned powder gets all over the place. As I remember it, the firing pin is held in by a screw-in collar. Get that collar off and scrub the innards of the firing pin well out, and check the pin spring to see if it's full of crud. Don't lose either the tiny pin or the puny spring :P

The other non-ammo possible is that the mainspring is weak or the hammer gummed up enough to slow the hammer down. If you can get it apart...there's a good chance you'll break an internal part, as I seem to recall them being pretty fragile. Drip some oil down the sides of the hammer and work it back and forth.

The RG10 is most impressive in the role of fireworks displays. Fire one at night some time! After you recover from the hideous blast of flames shooting out of the massive gap between the cylinder and the barrel, you'll learn to appreciate every other gun in your collection just a bit more! My mom's old RG10 used to actually leave big black marks on the top of the hand from the unburned powder flying out...and sometimes the powder wasn't exactly *not* burning. Ow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom