RR ties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbsadavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many lumber yards carry used RR ties. I know Atwoods in Norman has them. It is not in the Metro but, there is a trucking firm south of Tuttle about 8 miles. They have lots of them @ 5.50 a piece.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in your metro but near Tulsa there are a buttload that were just pulled from the railroad. They have been sitting beside the highway for months, I'd guess you could just start taking them as they haven't moved. I don't know who you'd call to find out if you could take them. Maybe try the city of Coweta and go from there.

I don't know how many you need but if you need lots the free ones would be worth your drive.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in your metro but near Tulsa there are a buttload that were just pulled from the railroad. They have been sitting beside the highway for months, I'd guess you could just start taking them as they haven't moved. I don't know who you'd call to find out if you could take them. Maybe try the city of Coweta and go from there.

I don't know how many you need but if you need lots the free ones would be worth your drive.

The last time I called any railroad company about them about 4 years ago, I was told that all ties were hauled off by a disposal company immediately after removal due to the creosote.

But there are piles all alongside the tracks that have been there for *years*...

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I called any railroad company about them about 4 years ago, I was told that all ties were hauled off by a disposal company immediately after removal due to the creosote.

But there are piles all alongside the tracks that have been there for *years*...

Then I'd see no problem with saving them some money by disposing of a few at no charge...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then I'd see no problem with saving them some money by disposing of a few at no charge...

The only problem is going through them. You gotta weigh the "cost" of sorting through and finding ones that aren't destroyed, versus being able to run by Atwoods and pay $8 for one that's complete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom