Ruger 22/45 MK III

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya ... but is the sear angle positive and does pistol pass the slam test?
a gun can shoot excellent and fail both test!

safety factor is when pistol can survive being accidentally dropped loaded/cocked and not go off. it's not a safe trigger job, until it can pass both tests.

CY - I thoroughly tested everything and after running 300 rounds through it today, there was "0" malfunctions and no problems what-so-ever....

D&T

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ya ... but is the sear angle positive and does pistol pass the slam test?
a gun can shoot excellent and fail both test!

safety factor is when pistol can survive being accidentally dropped loaded/cocked and not go off. it's not a safe trigger job, until it can pass both tests.

YES! The sear angle is positive and YES, it does pass the slam test. This was not only tested by me but by a couple of my police officers....

D&T

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice trigger job!!!

ultra light trigger jobs using stock parts are always suspect until it passes both test.

with a 18oz trigger, hammer's movement backwards must have been really hard to see.

my slam tests after doing a trigger jobs are always HARD against something like a 2x4 covered with carpet. taking care not to bend gun's frame of course.

YES! The sear angle is positive and YES, it does pass the slam test. This was not only tested by me but by a couple of my police officers....

D&T

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are any of you guys scoping your pistols or mounting red dots? What kind of scope or red dot are you using???

I've had a Mk III 22/45 and recently added a Bushnell Trophy series Red Dot sight to the gun. I've only shot it a few times but I've been pleased with the result. I have Parkinson's, so my right hand is pretty jiggly most of the time, and I find that the added weight of the sight seems to help the stability of the gun. I don't shoot competitively, so I can't address that issue, but one feature that I like is that the scope has 4 reticules, and an auto shut down feature that saves the battery when the gun is not in normal upright position.

I also glued in wider grips that I heard about on another forum, and the gun feels just like a 1911 with the wider grips! (Note that the color was a Duracoat job by Olyeller and he also put in a Volquartsen trigger for me. He done good!)

ai577.photobucket.com_albums_ss214_JagDrvr_Guns_Bushnell01.jpg

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RetCapt,

that makes for one fine looking gun. I like your set-up...

I have thought abouting my 5 1/2" barrel and better yet, I keep seriously thinking about adding a barrel that a few thousandths larger than what the action is so I can turn the barrel down to where you could not see a seam line between the barrel and action. This would allow for a solid 1-piece look between the two. Then the question would be - would you go with a high polish or a bead blast matte finish? Also, what would look best - a tapered barrel or a straight bull barrel???

D&T

Latest posts

Top Bottom