Ruger LC9s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Ruger is almost there. :rolleyes2

As soon as they do away with that silly "UP WHEN LOADED" do-dad that pops up, they just might have the perfect SC single stack 9mm.

Wait! I just went to their website and it shows that this pistol is NOT MA or CA compliant (yet) so maybe we can snag one without the pop up do-hickey! :w000t:

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, Ruger is almost there. :rolleyes2

As soon as they do away with that silly "UP WHEN LOADED" do-dad that pops up, they just might have the perfect SC single stack 9mm.

Wait! I just went to their website and it shows that this pistol is NOT MA or CA compliant (yet) so maybe we can snag one without the pop up do-hickey! :w000t:

If you look at the pic of the LC9s I posted above, it does appear that the loaded chamber indicator is missing and on Ruger's website it says the LC9s has "a visual inspection port that allows for visual confirmation of a loaded or empty chamber".

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you look at the pic of the LC9s I posted above, it does appear that the loaded chamber indicator is missing and on Ruger's website it says the LC9s has "a visual inspection port that allows for visual confirmation of a loaded or empty chamber".

That would be sweet!

I mean...don't get me wrong...safety DEFINITELY comes first, but Bill Ruger was without a doubt the safest gun guy out there.

I can live with his engraved warning labels that all his firearms wear with pride, but the pop up do-dad on all the polymer autos is completely unnecessary and just plain gawdy looking. :grumble:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
but the pop up do-dad on all the polymer autos is completely unnecessary and just plain gawdy looking. :grumble:

How do you check for a loaded chamber in low light conditions where you might not want to use a light? Not being snarky, as I really am curious how folks accomplish this.

On a related topic, what's the advantage of a hammer over a striker in a DAO pistol?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Care to share any more details on the Galloway Precision modded LC9? I like the fact that the LC9 is small, light, and compact. But I rarely carry mine because I hate the trigger so much.

http://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/lc9-and-lc380/

They have the Trigger down pat. Read and if you like the pistol, this will solve all your issues. I really like the pistol, great pocket pistol and accurate if you practice with it. It was a bit small for my hands, and wished I had not sold the one I did all the work on. I went in on the trigger before they came up with their kit for the trigger. I sent my trigger parts to them back then and they re-drilled and machined them. Now you can just buy a kit from them. Allot faster turn around on your gun. Good Luck. I highly recommend them, great people.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be sweet!

I mean...don't get me wrong...safety DEFINITELY comes first, but Bill Ruger was without a doubt the safest gun guy out there.

I can live with his engraved warning labels that all his firearms wear with pride, but the pop up do-dad on all the polymer autos is completely unnecessary and just plain gawdy looking. :grumble:

The chamber indicator is a two minute job of remedy. To make it stay flat and put it out of use.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you check for a loaded chamber in low light conditions where you might not want to use a light? Not being snarky, as I really am curious how folks accomplish this.

On a related topic, what's the advantage of a hammer over a striker in a DAO pistol?

If you carry a pistol for defensive purposes and you aren't sure if your piece is hot or not, then maybe you should just reconsider the whole damned "going armed" lifestyle and never leave the house.

Hell, you can even use the internet to order groceries and have them delivered to your door!

Trigger reset and weight of pull is always better on a striker fired weapon over a hammered DAO pistol.

Last edited:

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is waiting for me at Sooner State. Once again Tommy is costing me more and more money. I hope to pick it up this weekend.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if Ruger will offer an "upgrade" kit to change the original standard system to the new short/light?

As mentioned by others, a retrofit kit from standard LC9 to a striker-fired LC9s isn't likely because of the complexity of the changes from hammer to striker. I'm not unhappy with a conventional LC9; shoots well and is easy to carry. Oh well, its a good excuse to buy a LC9s.

If you prefer the LC9, they may drop in price with the intro of the LC9s.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah

Latest posts

Top Bottom