Ruger LC9s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdh3pilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have have the LC9 and the only drawback that I ever had was the trigger. I got used to it and then found an LC9s at GunWorx.... I couldnt resist and now I own both. Much better gun overall. Ruger actually made a decent improvement

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't like the trigger and the loaded chamber indicator on my LC9 so I dumped it. Even with the new trigger Ruger may have a tough time beating the Shield, and the Kahr has a long double action (tuned revolver) pull but it is so smooth, I really like it. But I actually DO want a thumb safety on a pocket gun with a short, light trigger pull so that is a big plus for the new LC9.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't like the trigger and the loaded chamber indicator on my LC9 so I dumped it. Even with the new trigger Ruger may have a tough time beating the Shield, and the Kahr has a long double action (tuned revolver) pull but it is so smooth, I really like it. But I actually DO want a thumb safety on a pocket gun with a short, light trigger pull so that is a big plus for the new LC9.

I bought my LC9 used and chamber indicator was broken or disconnected. Only thing I didn't like was long trigger pull. Ruger makes reliable stuff.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have moved in the right direction by going to striker fire, but the mag disconnect is a big negative for me. Maybe it's easy to disable, I don't know. But I do know that any pistol I'm going to carry damn sure needs to be one I can dry fire. If this had been out a couple years ago when I was looking for a pocket 9, I might have looked harder at Ruger. I was transitioning away from a Kel Tec, and wasn't interested in another gun with a long, heavy DA pull, so I ruled out the LC9 pretty quick. I ended up going with the Kahr CM9, and couldn't be happier. It has a lot of travel for a striker fired gun, but it isn't too bad and breaks light and smooth. It reminds me of a highly tuned DA revolver with a super light pull. I can fire as fast as I will ever need to with it. It is also smaller than any other pocket 9 I looked at... it fits in any of my pockets pretty easily.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried the striker fire and its sweet, sold the wife's old LC9 and think she'll be picking one of these up very sooooooon....its a night and day comparison....

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just returned from the range after shooting a new LC9s for the first time and I'm very happy with the way it shoots and the trigger is pretty good.
70 rounds of HP today with no issues of any kind except for one.

I have 4 brand new ruger magazines and one of them fails to hold the slide open after the last shot.
I can't figure out why?
It holds the slide open when I rack the slide manually on the magazine while empty but not after firing the last round.
The other 3 magazines work perfectly.

I was shooting both Remington 124gr golden sabers and hand loads, 115gr HP over 4.3gr of red dot.
Both worked flawlessly in the other 3 mags.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's almost there. They did away with the key lock and the tab loaded indicator, now just do away with the stupid magazine disconnect and it would be just right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom