Ruger MK III in pieces!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new bushing will remove the parts circled in red, except for the small detent.

Here is a good reference for install:
http://imgur.com/a/JFLHm

That small detent worried the crap out of me until I figured out it was the detent for the safety. A person needs like 4 hands to put this sumbeotch back together but I finally got it done. Once again. the MK III curse bits me in the azz. I can field strip and reassemble it in nuthin' flat but man, when that thing fell apart on me like it did. I was like; "oh crap". The website guntalkonline.com saved me. Gabriel42 was good enough to plan on meeting me this morning too. Gotta love OSA!

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That small detent worried the crap out of me until I figured out it was the detent for the safety. A person needs like 4 hands to put this sumbeotch back together but I finally got it done. Once again. the MK III curse bits me in the azz. I can field strip and reassemble it in nuthin' flat but man, when that thing fell apart on me like it did. I was like; "oh crap". The website guntalkonline.com saved me. Gabriel42 was good enough to plan on meeting me this morning too. Gotta love OSA!

Awesome man. Glad you got it back together and there are great peeps on here that are willing to help a brother out!

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out. Here is the kit I was talking about from Tandem Kross

www.slickguns.com_sites_default_files_LCI_Bushing_Combo.jpg

This is what you need. The MK2 hammer bushing and the load chamber indicator delete.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This ended up a blessing in disguise, I ordered the bushing from Tandem Cross to get rid of that pesky magazine disconnect and learned a heck of a lot more about my MK III pistol in the process. Man, OSA is a wealth of knowledge and help when a fella needs it; good to have this resource available! Thanks.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I removed the mag disconnect and placed some small washers in its place. Here's a good 3part video series on how to do this mod. No waiting for parts to arrive and it works great.
http://youtu.be/QWHEMJDFBSc

Ya, I saw that fix on youtube too and waited on the parts to come before I took it apart. I had four of them I wanted to do that too and wanted it to be easier. I had them all apart like the OP did by choice. I wish I had taken out the loaded chamber indicators too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom