Ruger MK III in pieces!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats the issue/problem with the loaded chamber indicator?

Some people think it can cause chambering problems. The next cartridge does push it out so I can see how it might.

It is not needed in any way. If you follow the first rule of gun safety you don't need to look at a loaded chamber indicator because you will assume it is loaded and you will act as if it is loaded.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
love my drop free mag 22/45. I am no help, had to goto a gunsmith to put mine together after trying to do the kross swap.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MK III's suck worse than the II's as far as disassembly. I've quit messing with mine and just clean the barrel with a copper wire brush, feed ramp and bolt with a plastic brush and liberal amounts of spray brake cleaner. Finish with WD40 and a rag, then a tiny bit of grease on the friction areas.

IMO- semi auto rimfire weapons get more wear & tear from working on them than they do from actually shooting.

Love my Ruger .22 pistols. One of the best skill developers I've ever used.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that it has the Tandemkross bushing in place and the hated mag disconnect is gone; life with my MK III is "livable" again. The thing is great shooter, but it can sure wear your patience thin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom