Ruger mkII help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned this great pistol for about 20 years. There is nothing wrong with the gun as it sets now. But my father has the bull barrel option with the adjustable sights on his. I love the way his gun feels with the extra weight at the nose. And his gun(for me) is way more accurate than my pencil barrel.

My question is, I have searched and searched but the only barrels I can find at the VQ barrels and those things are $450! Ruger no longer sales the bull barrel for the mkII. Would anyone on here have an idea as to where to start looking.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tactical Solutions offers a full upper but they aren't cheap either.

I've heard of folks re-barreling the uppers, it isn't easy and would most likely cost alot as well.

I think you would be better off finding the gun you want, you could swap the uppers when you do and at least keep your lower if the gun is important to you.

Or....

You could take the pistol to Curtis Higgins at S+H in Owasso and he could make it into a bull barrel of sorts, it would be really quiet, and you would need a tax stamp... :)

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy cheesy

Clark Custom Guns. Go to there website. Takeoff 5.5 bull barrels $75

Better yet, wait until someone decides to sell their upper after they have replaced it with a TacSol threaded upper. I have seen them pretty cheap. You already have the bolt. Try keeping and eye on ARFcom or Gunbroker. It would be the cheapest route. No GS fitting required.

Latest posts

Top Bottom