Ruger now offering factory 25rd Mags for the 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All aftermarket mags seem to be hit or miss on reliability. Hopefully a factory hi-cap is wont have thoes problems for some people

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@ $29 each, why would I buy one of those over a Steel Lips?

If you think the Steel Lips are great, then don't buy the Ruger mags.

All aftermarket mags seem to be hit or miss on reliability. Hopefully a factory hi-cap is wont have thoes problems for some people

That has been my experience as well. The aftermarket ones do not always work right. I am hoping the factory Ruger mag will.

Fantastic! Looks like it may be made to take apart for cleaning. Im going to have to get one.

They can be taken apart for cleaning. Check out this video where it shows that: http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-25/index.html

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Constant force springs suck for magazines. Why didn't they just use a regular coil spring like the BDM mags????

What exactly is the issue with constant force springs in magazines? I am not disputing you, just want to know. We have several airflow control doors in our radar sets with constant force springs. Most are 30 years old and have opened and closed hundreds of thousands of times without issue, so I am curious why they have problems in magazines.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones you've seen probably aren't the cheapest pieces of Chinese crap you can find either. The CF springs used in the other Ruger 10/22 high caps are too weak and they get even weaker over time. The fact that these 10/22 mags are $10 higher than BDM AR-22 mags and still use a junk design is laughable IMO.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones you've seen probably aren't the cheapest pieces of Chinese crap you can find either. The CF springs used in the other Ruger 10/22 high caps are too weak and they get even weaker over time. The fact that these 10/22 mags are $10 higher than BDM AR-22 mags and still use a junk design is laughable IMO.

Thanks for the info. I may wait until these have been out for a while and have gotten some reviews or I may buy one of these and try it for a year or so to see how it works.

Doesn't BDM make a 10/22 mag?

Latest posts

Top Bottom