Ruger Precision Rimfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see a can on the rifle, You need to reconsider the no muffs, especially for your daughter. Even though it's not as loud as centerfire it still damages your hearing.
My wife and daughters all wear electronic muffs. Even my 2yo (we are amazed she wears them "happily") I do also with every other caliber. Maybe I should with 22 but......... I guess I don't have a great excuse.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually supersonic .22 is just barely above speed of sound, and they are super light and have terrible BC. The bullets slow back down to subsonic usually before hitting the target and the sonic shockwaves pass it and disrupt its flight. Thats my understanding on why supersonic .22 is never as accurate. It makes sense to me. Bullet shape technology pretty well sucks for .22, its not like Sierra or Barnes are working up awesome BC projectiles for it.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The .22LR cartridge is by far the most intensely studied round on the planet. Think about it--almost all center fire accuracy records are held by people who were shooting hand-loaded ammo. You can't do that with rimfire ammo. Yet the Olympics, and various rimfire World Championship events go on year after year. Eley, RWS, SK, Federal and other ammo makers have studied the .22LR cartridge for decades trying to improve every aspect of the cartridge's performance at the highest levels of competition. No factory cartridge anywhere has been studied for as long and by as many different qualified people as the .22LR. It takes some experimentation to find the ammo a .22 likes, but once found, the rifle can be astonishingly accurate. Federal Gold Medal Target, Match, and UltraMatch are all good choices.

Last edited:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cowcatcher...Mind if I ask where you found the rifle? Looked at a few shops in Tulsa today. They either had never heard of it or have some ordered but not in stock yet.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cowcatcher...Mind if I ask where you found the rifle? Looked at a few shops in Tulsa today. They either had never heard of it or have some ordered but not in stock yet.
Bills Sporting goods in Claremore. Wife heard through the grapevine (Facebook) they had gotten ONE in. I snagged it. I was gonna order it from Kygunco but Bills got real close on price. It cost me a little more than online but I don't mind paying a tick more to keep it local.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bills Sporting goods in Claremore. Wife heard through the grapevine (Facebook) they had gotten ONE in. I snagged it. I was gonna order it from Kygunco but Bills got real close on price. It cost me a little more than online but I don't mind paying a tick more to keep it local.
Bill's is a great place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom